your CANADIAN PRIVATE EQUITY PARTNER
The Private Equity team at Cassels Brock has extensive experience, industry knowledge and relationships to strategically advise clients on all elements of private equity transactions. Our fully integrated and multi-disciplinary team of M&A, tax, restructuring, competition/foreign investment regulation, debt financing, franchise, intellectual property and other speciality practice lawyers deliver effective and efficient execution. We have wide-ranging experience advising on domestic and cross-border buy-outs, investments, co-investments, fund formation, debt restructuring and secondary transactions. Our clients include international and domestic private equity funds, company management, family offices, search funds, portfolio companies, and alternative asset funds. As a mid-market private equity leader, Cassels Brock consistently provides high quality deliverables along with world class service.
Private equity is a fast-paced and dynamic sector and our practice continues to expand to meet our clients’ needs. Our entrepreneurial lawyers represent clients throughout the private equity industry on a range of transactions – from fund formation and fund raising, through acquisitions and recapitalizations to dispositions and exits.
Specific mandates that our Private Equity team has been involved with include:
- Acting for a European based private equity fund on the Canadian aspects of its world-wide acquisition of a consumer goods company
- Representing one of the largest growers, packers and marketers of greenhouse vegetables in North America, in their partnership with one of the Canada’s leading private equity firms
- Acting for one of Canada’s premier private equity investors, as part of a group, that acquired the largest manufacturer of impact extruded aluminium containers in the world
- Acting for a global private equity investment fund on the acquisition of limited partnership interests in various private equity funds from a Canadian financial institution
- Acting on behalf of both the senior and subordinated lenders in a significant financing of an acquisition by a US-based private equity fund of a manufacturing business based in Atlantic Canada
- Representing various sponsor groups on the fund formation and launch of various funds, including several significant real-estate funds.
- Acting for a US-based private equity fund in the acquisition, implementation of its growth strategy and ultimate disposition of a Canadian farm group
- Representing a US-based private equity fund on the Canadian aspects of its world-wide acquisition of a chemical company
- Acting for a portfolio company of a Canadian mid-market private equity fund on its recent acquisition in furtherance of its growth strategy
- Acting for a worldwide private equity firm with over $8 billion under management in the acquisition of several portfolio companies
- Representing management in its partnership with a North-American based private equity fund
- Representing private equity lenders in connection with a unitranche term loan to finance an acquisition