Samantha Prest is an associate in our Securities Group. Prior to joining Cassels Brock as an associate, Samantha was an articling student at the firm. During her articles she gained valuable corporate and finance experience in the Financial Services and Securities groups. Samantha’s previous summer was spent working at a major Canadian mining company.
Samantha is a graduate of the J.D. program at Queens University Law School. During law school, Samantha was an active member of the Corporate Law and Investments Club, the British Columbia Law Students Association and the Alumni Relations Committee.
Her mergers and acquisitions experience includes representing:
- Integra Gold Corp. in its acquisition of Century Mining Corporation’s Sigma-Lamaque Milling Facility and Mine through court-appointed receiver Samson Bélair/Deloitte & Touche Inc.
- Denison Mines Corp. in its acquisition of International Enexco Ltd.’s uranium exploration assets by way of plan of arrangement
- The Special Committee of Canada Lithium Corp. in its $120 million merger with Sirocco Mining Inc. by way of plan of arrangement
- Denison Mines Corp. in its unsolicited take-over bid for Rockgate Capital Corp.
Her corporate finance experience includes representing:
- Tempest Capital Corp. as agent for Anthem United Inc. in its $2.5 million private placement of units
- Macquarie Capital Markets Canada Ltd. as agent for ATAC Resources Ltd. in its $7 million private placement of flow-through units
- RBC Dominion Securities Inc. as underwriter for True Gold Mining Inc. in its $42 million bought deal prospectus offering
Prior to studying law, Samantha earned a B.S. in Business Administration from the University of Southern California Marshall School of Business.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of British Columbia