Rob Lysy's practice focuses on all aspects of commercial real estate including acquisitions, dispositions, financings and leasing.
A few examples of Rob's work demonstrating his breadth of practice include:
- Assisting REITs and other operators with purchases and financings of apartment complexes
- Acting on purchases, sales and financings of shopping centres
- Negotiating leases for shopping centres, office buildings, and retail premises on behalf of major national retailers and tenants of all sizes and industries
- Representing clients on land assemblies for development purposes
- Preparing and negotiating easements, reciprocal operating agreements, restrictive covenant agreements, co-ownership agreements and other complex property agreements
- Acting for chartered banks and borrowers in secured commercial loans and mortgages, and refinancing of commercial properties
- Acting for receivers on sales of properties on behalf of lenders
Rob also has expertise in dealing with solar and other renewable energy projects through Ontario’s Feed-In Tariff Program (FIT) and has represented developers, landlords and lenders in this burgeoning industry.
In addition to practising law, Rob is actively involved in volunteer work. He sits on the Board of Advisors of AIESEC Ryerson, a local chapter of the world's largest student organization, is a director of Central Ontario Leadership Seminars, an organization dedicated to motivating and developing youth, and is a director of Enku Scholarship Fund, a new initiative establishing university scholarships for underprivileged girls in Ethiopia.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Solar Industries Association (CanSIA)
|PRO BONO/COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Board of Advisors, AIESEC Ryerson
- Board of Directors, Central Ontario Leadership Seminars
- Board of Directors, Enku Scholarship Fund