Patience Omokhodion is a partner in our Financial Services Group. She works on all types of secured and unsecured lending transactions, including cross-border transactions, project financings, public-private partnership transactions and joint venture. She represents both lenders and borrowers.
Before joining Cassels Brock, Patience practised at a multi-national law firm in London, England. Patience has experience working with clients on the incorporation, organization and financing of companies; in particular, in relation to the financing of energy, infrastructure and mining projects as well as aviation and vessel financings. Patience’s practice has included acting for clients in various industries, including mining, energy, utilities and construction and her practice is both national and international, involving various jurisdictions including England and Wales, the US, Slovakia, the Netherlands, Belgium, Mexico, Barbados and the Cayman Islands.
Patience has written and spoken on various topics in international financing transactions, project finance, and aviation finance.
Patience has qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales and has been called to the bar in Ontario.
A few examples of Patience’s recent work include:
- Representing New Gold Inc. with the refinancing of its $400 million senior secured credit facilities
- Representing Banro Corporation in connection with its cross border restructuring
- Representing Goldcorp Inc. in its $2 billion senior credit facility
- Representing Torex Gold Resources Inc. in its $375 million project financing facility
- Representing Lithium Americas Corp. in its $355 million financing regarding an Argentinean mining project
- Representing Hilco (UK) Ltd. its purchase of $130 million of the Kraus Group’s debt and security from three secured lenders
- Representing the lender refinancing a city-based airport and financing the construction of a new runway and airport terminal
- Representing travel services provider in relation to shareholder arrangements and joint venture arrangements across Canada
- Lexpert's Rising Stars: Leading Lawyers Under 40 (2018)
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (Banking & Financial Institutions)
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Law Society of England and Wales
- American Bar Association
|Publications, Newsletters and Articles
|Conferences, Speaking Engagements, Events
|PRO BONO/COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Often works with charities in Canada, Africa, and South America in order to improve access to justice and community legal education and is involved in various other community activities and organizations
- Keen mentor of those seeking to develop financial and/or legal careers
- Member of the firm’s Corporate Social Responsibility Committee