Patience Omokhodion is a partner in our Financial Services Group. She works on all types of secured and unsecured lending transactions, including cross-border transactions, project financings, public-private partnership transactions and joint venture. She represents both lenders and borrowers.
Before joining Cassels Brock, Patience practised at Clifford Chance LLP in London, England. Patience has experience working with clients on the incorporation, organization and financing of companies; in particular, in relation to the financing of energy, infrastructure and mining projects as well as aviation and vessel financings. Patience’s practice has included acting for clients in various industries, including mining, energy, utilities and construction and her practice is both national and international, involving various jurisdictions including England and Wales, the US, Slovakia, the Netherlands, Belgium, Mexico, Barbados and the Cayman Islands.
Patience has qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales and has been called to the bar in Ontario.
A few examples of Patience’s recent work include:
- Representing Hilco (UK) Ltd. its purchase of $130 million of the Kraus Group's debt and security from three secured lenders
- Acting for New Gold Inc. in its senior secured credit facility
- Acting for Goldcorp Inc. in its $2 billion senior credit facility
- Acting for Torex Gold Resources Inc. in its $375 million project financing facility
- Acting for the lender refinancing a city-based airport and financing the construction of a new runway and airport terminal
- Acting for travel services provider in relation to shareholder arrangements and joint venture arrangements across Canada
Patience has spent many months working with charities in East Africa and South America in order to improve access to justice and community legal education. Patience is also a keen mentor of students from ethnic minorities seeking to develop financial and/or legal careers. She is also a member of the firm’s Student Committee. She received a Lexpert "Rising Star" award, honouring Canada's leading lawyers under 40, in 2018.
- Lexpert's Rising Stars: Leading Lawyers Under 40 (2018)
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Law Society of England and Wales
|Conferences, Speaking Engagements, Events
|PRO BONO/COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Worked with charities in East Africa and South America, providing free legal education and support to prisoners and their children
- Volunteered at a free legal advice centre serving low-income persons to increase access to justice
- Involved in various other community activities and organizations