Mickey Lungu is a partner in the Business Law Group. His practice is focused on counseling clients in respect of mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, corporate finance and general corporate and commercial law matters. In this capacity, Mickey regularly advises foreign companies regarding Canadian legal matters in connection with the acquisition and divestiture of, investment into or establishment of businesses in Canada. Mickey has experience assisting public and private companies, as well as private equity funds and their portfolio companies, with corporate transactions across a variety of industries, including real estate, hospitality, mining, cannabis, information technology, speciality manufacturing and consumer products.
Examples of Mickey’s recent work in these areas include representing:
- a private equity firm in connection with its sale of The Westin Bayshore
- a private equity firm in connection with its sale of The Westin Harbour Castle
- Versapay Corporation in connection with the sale of its merchant services business unit to BluePay Processing, LLC
- Sotheby’s in connection with its acquisition of an ownership interest in RM Auctions Inc.
- NanoLeaf Technologies Inc. in connection with its sale to Maricann Group Inc.
- Xtreme Labs in connection with its sale to GoPivotal Inc.
- Origami Capital Partners and the Majority Consenting Noteholders in connection with the recapitalization of Trident Exploration Corp.
- the seller in connection with its sale of the Thompson Hotel Toronto
- the buyer in connection with its acquisition of the Hotel Pur
- the seller in connection with its sale of the Le Germain Hotel Toronto
- a multinational corporation in connection with its acquisition of a technology start-up based in Canada
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (Corporate Mid-Market)
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Canadian Venture Capital & Private Equity Association