Marah Smith is an associate in our Business and Securities Law Groups. In her practice, Marah advises public and private companies, partnerships, start-ups and entrepreneurs in matters related to mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance, including private and public securities offerings, corporate governance, private equity and venture capital transactions, as well as all other aspects of corporate and securities law.
Marah offers particular experience advising on corporate governance and continuous disclosure obligations, formation issues, market dealer and prospectus exemptions, and applications for exemptive relief from Canadian securities laws.
Prior to joining Cassels Brock, Marah served as counsel in the corporate finance branch of the Ontario Securities Commission for seven years and worked as an associate in the Toronto office of an international law firm where she was the lead lawyer on the firm’s Women in Capital Markets Partnership Program. She has also served as a guest lecturer on securities regulation at the University of Windsor Law School. An avid stage actor, Marah participated in the 2017 and 2018 Nightwood Theatre Lawyer Show.
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Ontario Bar Association, Member
- Law Society of Ontario, Member
- Women in Capital Markets, Member
- Young Women in Law, Member
- National Crowdfunding Association of Canada, Member
- Sankalpa Yoga Teacher Training Institute, Founder & Director
|PRO BONO/COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Leaf Forward “Sprint to Pitch” Accelerator Program, Mentor
- Law Society of Ontario’s Paralegal and Bar Admissions Examinations, Tutor