Lauren Grossman is an associate in the Financial Services Group. Her practice focuses on corporate and commercial law, representing both lenders and borrowers involved in domestic and cross-border financing transactions and corporate finance matters. Lauren’s experience includes both secured and unsecured lending transactions, asset-based financings, acquisition financings, securitizations and project financings.
Lauren received her J.D. from the University of Toronto, Faculty of Law. Prior to studying law, Lauren graduated with Distinction from Western University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology and Medical Science.
Examples of Lauren’s recent work include:
- Acting for HSBC Bank Canada as administrative agent on a US$510 million syndicated financing to Spin Master Ltd. and its subsidiaries in France, Hong Kong, Mexico, United Kingdom, the United States, Australia, Netherlands
- Acting for the Ottawa Senators Hockey Club in respect of the financing of the NHL Team and Canadian Tire Center
- Acting for a Canadian Chartered Bank in connection with a $296 million syndicated financing in favour of a leading seniors housing company
- Acting for Mizuho Corporate Bank, Ltd. in respect of the securitization of a $530 million portfolio of automobile receivables
- Acting for Clarksons Platou Securities and Pareto Securities as joint lead managers in respect of Nemaska Lithium Inc.’s US$350 million offering of senior secured callable bonds completed on a private placement basis
- Acting for New Gold Inc. on their senior secured credit facility and in connection with the issuance of senior notes
- Planet Fitness Canada in connection with its refinancing by way of the issuance of $1.275 billion in securitized notes
- Acting for various rail finance companies and lessors in connection with several rail finance and security transactions
- Acting for Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ in respect of the securitization of a $580 million portfolio of automobile receivables
|Publications, Newsletters and Articles