Kyle Simpson is an associate in our Business Law Group and represents both public and private companies as well as investment dealers in a variety of transactions, including corporate financings and mergers and acquisitions. His practice also includes advising issuers with respect to general corporate and securities law matters, such as corporate governance practices and regulatory compliance. Kyle represents clients in a broad array of industries including cannabis, mining, blockchain, finance, life sciences and technology.
Kyle is a graduate of the JD program from the Faculty of Law at the University of Western Ontario, where he was the recipient of the Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt Award in Corporate Finance. Prior to studying law, Kyle earned a BA (Honours) in Political Science with a minor in Criminology from the University of Western Ontario.
Some of the transactions in which Kyle has been involved include:
- Representing Lake Shore Gold Corp. in its $1 billion business combination with Tahoe Resources Inc.
- Representing a syndicate of underwriters in OrganiGram Holdings Inc.'s $10 million, $23 million, $40 million, $57.5 million and $115 million public offerings
- Representing a syndicate of underwriters in Ero Copper Corp.'s $127 million initial public offering and secondary offering
- Representing Uranium Participation Corporation in its $40.6 million public offering
- Representing CannaRoyalty Corp. in its going public RTO transaction and related $5 million subscription receipt financing
- Representing Nighthawk Gold Corp. in its $25 million private placement offering
- Representing Firm Capital Mortgage Investment Corporation in its $22.5 million, $23 million and $25 million public offerings
- Representing Dalradian Resources Inc. in its $40 million public offering
- Representing Newmarket Gold Inc. in its $185 million amalgamation with Crocodile Gold Corp. and related $25 million private placement financing
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association