Kyle Simpson is an associate in our Business Law Group and represents both public and private companies as well as investment dealers in a variety of transactions, including corporate financings, mergers and acquisitions and going public transactions. His practice also includes advising issuers with respect to general corporate and securities law matters, such as corporate governance practices and regulatory compliance. Kyle represents clients in a broad array of industries including cannabis, mining, finance, life sciences and technology.
Kyle is a graduate of the JD program from the Faculty of Law at the University of Western Ontario, where he was the recipient of the Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt Award in Corporate Finance. Prior to studying law, Kyle earned a BA (Honours) in Political Science with a minor in Criminology from the University of Western Ontario.
Some of the transactions in which Kyle has been involved include:
- Representing a syndicate of agents in SLANG Worldwide Inc.'s $16.8 million and $66 million private placements, qualifying prospectus and CSE listing
- Representing Lift & Co. Corp. in its going public transaction and related private placements
- Representing a syndicate of underwriters in OrganiGram Holdings Inc.'s $10 million, $23 million, $40 million, $57.5 million and $115 million public offerings
- Representing CannaRoyalty Corp. in its going public transaction and related private placements
- Representing a syndicate of underwriters in Ero Copper Corp.'s $127 million initial public offering and secondary offering
- Representing Rubicon Minerals Corporation in its $10.9 million and $5.75 million private placements
- Representing Uranium Participation Corporation in its $40.6 million public offering
- Representing Nighthawk Gold Corp. in its $25 million private placement
- Representing Firm Capital Mortgage Investment Corporation in its $22.5 million, $23 million and $25 million public offerings
- Representing Dalradian Resources Inc. in its $40 million public offering
- Representing Lake Shore Gold Corp. in its $1 billion business combination with Tahoe Resources Inc.
- Representing Newmarket Gold Inc. in its $185 million amalgamation with Crocodile Gold Corp. and related $25 million private placement
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association