“A truly excellent lawyer recognised for his pragmatic approach and business savvy.”
– Client Testimonial, Chambers Canada
Jonathan Freeman is a partner in the firm's Real Estate and Development Group. His practice focuses on all aspects of commercial real estate law, including public and private infrastructure projects.
Jonathan represents traditional bank and non-bank lenders in complex real estate financing transactions, including those relating to term, acquisition, mezzanine and construction loan facilities, and he has extensive experience with commercial mortgage-backed securities and other types of securitized debt. He has financed all real estate asset classes, including many of Canada’s largest seniors housing projects, hotels, office buildings, shopping centres and multi-family residential apartment complexes.
Jonathan routinely advises issuers and underwriters in capital market offerings, as well as some of Canada’s largest REITs, private equity funds, developers and real estate investment companies on mergers and acquisitions, joint venture structuring, asset management and insolvency related matters.
Recently, Jonathan was named a 'Rising Star' in the inaugural edition of the Euromoney LMG Rising Stars 2015 Guide. He was selected for this publication by in-house counsel and his peers for his expertise in real estate law. He received a Lexpert "Rising Star" award, honouring Canada's leading lawyers under 40, in 2017.
- “A truly excellent lawyer recognised for his pragmatic approach and business savvy.” – Chambers Canada (Real Estate)
- Chambers Canada (Real Estate)
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (Property Development)
- Lexpert's Rising Stars: Leading Lawyers Under 40 (2017)
- Named a 'Rising Star' in the inaugural edition of the Euromoney LMG Rising Stars 2015 Guide
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
|Publications, Newsletters and Articles
|PRO BONO/COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Former Board of Directors, Orchestra Toronto