Jen Hansen is a corporate lawyer with a focus on mergers and acquisitions
and corporate finance. Jen specializes in the representation of public mining
companies involved in complex transactions, including business combination transactions, take-over bids, domestic and cross-border public offerings and other finance transactions. In addition, Jen advises on continuous disclosure obligations, corporate governance and regulatory compliance, including mineral project disclosure and recommendations for aligning governance practices with best practice recommendations.
Jen’s mergers and acquisitions experience includes representing:
- Goldcorp Inc. in its $247 million acquisition of Exeter Resource Corporation
- Goldcorp Inc. in its $520 million acquisition of Kaminak Gold Corporation
- Goldcorp Inc. in its $526 million acquisition of Probe Mines Limited
- Goldcorp Inc. in its $2.6 billion hostile take-over bid for Osisko Mining Corporation
- U.S. Concrete, Inc. in its $310 million acquisition of Polaris Materials Corporation
- Thompson Creek Metals Company Inc. in the $1.1 billion acquisition by Centerra Gold Inc.
- Tahoe Resources Inc. in its $1.3 billion acquisition of Rio Alto Mining Ltd.
- The independent committee of the Board of Directors of Quadra FNX Mining Ltd., in connection with the $3.5 billion acquisition of Quadra FNX Mining Ltd. by KGHM Polska Miedz S.A.
- Orla Mining Ltd. in its $95 million combination with Pershimco Resources Inc.
- NGEx Resources Inc. in the spin-out of its Filo del Sol property to Filo Mining Corp.
- Trevali Mining Corporation in its US$417 million acquisition of Rosh Pinah and Perkoa Mines from Glencore
- Sandstorm Gold Ltd. in its US$175 million acquisition of Mariana Resources Limited
- New Gold Inc. in its $310 million acquisition of Rainy River Resources Ltd. by way of a take-over bid
- Grayd Resource Corporation in the $274 million acquisition by Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited by way of a take-over bid
Jen’s corporate finance experience includes representing:
- Goldcorp Inc. in its $1.5 billion and $1 billion financings of senior unsecured notes
- Goldcorp Inc. in its $270 million bought deal secondary offerings of common shares of Primero Mining Corp.
- Goldcorp Inc. in its $1 billion bought deal secondary offering of Tahoe Resources Inc.
- Wheaton Precious Metals Corp. in its $800 million and $550 million bought deal financings
- Sandstorm Gold Ltd. in its $150 million, $57.5 million and $28.75 million bought deal financings
- Cargojet Inc. in its public financing of $28 million principal amount of convertible unsecured subordinate debentures
- EcoSynthetix Inc. in its $100 million initial public offering
- The Best Lawyers in Canada (Mining Law)
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
|Publications, Newsletters and Articles