"The quickest and most productive lawyer I’ve ever worked with.”
– Client Testimonial, Chambers Global
A partner in the Securities Group, Jay Goldman’s* practice focuses primarily on securities and corporate finance law. His experience includes structuring and negotiating securities and commercial transactions. Jay has acted for issuers, investment dealers and investment advisors in a broad range of areas including the resource, high-tech, industrial and biotech sectors. He has acted on numerous amalgamations, mergers, acquisitions, takeovers, private placements and public offerings.
Jay is consistently ranked as a leading lawyer in the area of mining and natural resources law. He is recognized in the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, the Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada, the Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Corporate Lawyers in Canada, Chambers Global, Chambers Canada, Who's Who Legal and Best Lawyers. Clients call on Jay to perform management and advisory roles with a focus on the formulation and implementation of business strategies.
He is the Corporate Secretary of INV Metals Inc., a TSX-listed company, and TMAC Resources Inc., a TSX-listed company.
Jay is a member of the Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation, an educational organization dedicated to the study of the legal system in issues affecting natural resources law, and is also a member of the Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada (PDAC).
- “Always precise and really knows his mining law.” – Chambers Canada (Mining)
- “He’s very invested in the transactions, has strong personal client relationships and works to get his clients a real advantage.” – Chambers Canada (Mining)
- “He’s prolific.” – Chambers Global (Mining)
- “He is the quickest and most productive lawyer I’ve ever worked with.” – Chambers Global (Mining)
- "The speed at which he works is remarkable, and his advice is usually dead on in terms of what the requirements are, or what the process will be to get something done." – Chambers Canada (Mining)
- “He's very pragmatic, he has high energy and keeps transactions going quickly. He has a fantastic track record." – Chambers Canada (Mining)
*denotes Professional Corporation
- The Legal 500 Canada (Energy - Mining)
- Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Lawyers in Canada 2009–2018 (Mining)
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2003–2018 (Corporate Mid-Market; Mining)
- Lexpert Special Edition - Global Leaders in Mining 2017
- Chambers Canada 2016–2019 (Energy & Natural Resources: Mining)
- Chambers Global 2011–2018 (Energy & Natural Resources: Mining)
- Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada 2009–2018 (Corporate Mid-Market; Mining)
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2006–2019 (Mining Law; Natural Resources Law)
- Who's Who Legal: Canada 2011–2017 (Mining)
- IFLR1000 (Notable Practitioner)
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Ontario
- Ontario Bar Association
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation
- Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada (PDAC)