As a partner in the Securities Group, Jay King’s practice focuses on corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions and regulatory compliance including corporate governance, continuous disclosure and Canadian stock exchange related matters. He has developed specialized skills in the mining sector, and also represents clients in the aviation, real estate and technology sectors. Jay routinely acts as counsel to both public and private issuers and investment banks.
Jay’s experience includes:
- Acting for Beacon Securities in its $24.5 million private placement of Northern Power in its Northbound going public transaction
- Acting for Dundee Corporation in its acquisition of 360 VOX Corporation
- Representing Newmarket Gold Inc. in its business combination with Crocodile Gold Corp. including a concurrent $25 million private placement
- Acting for Canaccord Genuity Corp., as lead underwriter, in a number of public offerings for PRO Real Estate Investment Trust totalling over $49 million
- Acting for the lead underwriters in a number of bought deal offerings for Petrowest Corporation totalling over $48 million
- Acting for Cargojet Inc. in debenture offerings totalling over $63 million and its initial conversion to a corporation
- Representing Katanga Mining Limited in its US$250 million rights offering, US$265.3 million exchangeable credit facility and US$50 million bridge loan
- Acting for Allied Nevada Gold Corp. in its $400.4 million offering of senior notes
Prior to attending law school, Jay earned an honours degree in music (B.Mus.) from Wilfrid Laurier University, studying voice under the direction of Dr. David Falk. In 2000, Jay performed the title role of Thésée in the Canadian premiere of Jean Baptist Lully’s opera by the same name.
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (Mining)
- Canadian Bar Association (Business Law Section)
- Ontario Bar Association (Business Law Section)
|Conferences, Speaking Engagements, Events