Corinne Grigoriu is an associate in the Tax Group at Cassels Brock. Her practice focuses on corporate and international tax planning, advising clients on a variety of domestic and international tax matters including inbound and outbound investment and financing, mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, internal reorganizations and natural resource taxation. Her practice also includes the settlement of tax disputes and tax litigation. In addition, Corinne offers experience with charitable and not-for-profit tax matters and assists clients with general corporate and commercial matters.
Corinne is actively involved with the Canadian Tax Foundation as an advisor to the Board of Governors and the Chair of the Young Practitioners’ Steering Committee (Calgary). Corinne is a strong supporter of the arts in Calgary and is a member of the Board of Directors of the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra.
Corinne is fluent in French and Romanian. Prior to joining Cassels Brock, Corinne was an associate in the Tax Group of another national law firm.
- innogy SE in its decision to construct two solar projects in Canada
- Pipestone Oil Corp. in its strategic merger with Blackbird Energy Inc. and $309.5 million in equity and debt financings to form Pipestone Energy Corp.
- Quad-C Management on its investment in S.i. Systems
- Andrew Peller Limited in its acquisition of three British Columbia Wineries
- Veresen Inc. in its $9.7 billion arrangement agreement with Pembina Pipeline Corporation
- NOVA Chemicals Corporation in its acquisition of Williams Partners' ownership interest in a Geismar, Louisiana olefins plant for US$2.1 billion, and in its 2017 offering of US$2.1 billion 4.875% senior notes due 2024 and 5.250% senior notes due 2027
- BluEarth Renewables Inc. on its buyout by Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan
- Pembina Pipeline on its US$650-million purchase of the Alberta
- Vantage pipeline and an interest in Mistral Midstream’s Saskatchewan ethane extraction plant
- Petrobank Energy & Resources Ltd. on its US$41 million strategic business combination with Touchstone Exploration Inc.
- Apollo Global Management LLC backed Jupiter Resources on its $2 billion acquisition of Encana’s Bighorn properties in Alberta
- Nexen Inc. on its $15.1 billion acquisition by CNOOC Limited Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, L.P. (KMP) on the agreement to sell
- KMP’s one-third interest in the Express-Platte pipeline system to Spectra Energy Corp for $380 million as part of a $1.49 billion transaction
- Agrium Inc. in connection with its substantial issuer bid
- China CAMC Engineering Co. on its acquisition of a $120 million interest in a Canadian mining services company
- Non-Resident Investors: Tax Issues to Consider, Canadian Tax Foundation Young Practitioners, April 2018 (co-presenter)
- Topical Issues: Purchase and Sale of a Business, Canadian Petroleum Tax Society Fall Lecture Series, November 2017 (co-presenter)
- BEPS: What’s Important to the Oil and Gas Industry?, Canadian Tax Foundation Young Practitioners, December 2015 (co-presenter)
- International Tax, University of Calgary Faculty of Law, November 2015 (guest lecturer)
- Foreign Affiliate Dumping: The Strategic Business Expansion Exception, International Tax Planning (2017), Volume XXI, No. 3 (co-author)
- The Alberta Carbon Levy: A Primer, Sales Tax, Customs & Trade Journal, Federated Press (2017), Volume XIII, No. 4 (co-author)
- Rectification: Is Notice to the CRA Required in Current Cases?, Canadian Tax Journal (2015), vol. 63, no. 2, 501-520 (co-author)
- CRA Expresses Views of 97(2) Planning, International Tax Review (2015) (co-author)
- The Meaning and Effect of the Copthrone Decision on "Series of Transactions" for the Non-GAAR Provisions of the Income Tax Act, Report of the Proceedings of the Sixty-Fourth Tax Conference, 2012 Conference Report, Canadian Tax Foundation, Vol. 12, pp. 1-37, Toronto, Ontario, 2013 (co-author)
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- Canadian Petroleum Society
- International Fiscal Association
- Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association
- Calgary Bar Association