Chad Accursi is a partner in the firm’s Securities Group. He represents both public mining companies and investment dealers in a variety of transactions including public and private security offerings, M&A transactions and general securities compliance matters. Chad has represented both investment dealers and mining companies in connection with initial public offerings and stock exchange listings.
Chad has acted as counsel in connection with a number of significant financings of mining and mining-related companies, including:
- An underwriting syndicate co-led by GMP Securities and TD Securities in connection with an $86 million financing of Rubicon Minerals Corporation
- Lundin Mining in connection with a $189 million equity financing
- Lucara Diamond Corp in connection with a $110 million subscription receipt financing
- An underwriting syndicate led by GMP Securities LP in connection with formation and Initial Public Offering of Sprott Molybdenum Participation Corp.
- Consolidated Thompson Iron Mines Ltd. in connection with a $93 million equity financing
Chad has also acted in a number of Australian Stock Exchange –Toronto Stock Exchange inter-listed financings, initial listings and business combinations, including:
- The underwriters in connection with the Initial Public Offering of Sarama Resources Ltd.
- An underwriting syndicate led by Macquarie Capital Markets in connection with a equity financing of OceanaGold Corporation
- An underwriting syndicate led in connection with the initial public offering and subsequent equity financings of Mirabela Nickel Limited
- An underwriting syndicate led by Cormark Securities in connection with a subscription receipt financing and subsequent TSX listing of Perseus Mining Limited
- Red Back Mining in connection with the proposed business combination with Moto Goldmines Limited
- An underwriting syndicate in connection with the initial public offering of Western Areas NL
- Red Back Mining Inc. in connection with a reverse take-over and TSX listing transaction
Chad was selected as one of Lexpert’s Rising Stars: Leading Lawyers Under 40 in 2012.
- Who's Who Legal: Canada (Capital Markets; Mining)
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (Mining; Corporate Finance & Securities)
- Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada (Mining)
- Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Lawyers in Canada (Mining)
- Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Corporate Lawyers in Canada 2013 ("Corporate Lawyer to Watch")
- Lexpert Special Edition - Global Leaders in Mining
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2013–2020 (Natural Resources Law)
- Lexpert’s Rising Stars: Leading Lawyers Under 40 (2012)
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association