Ali Naushahi is a partner in our Securities
Group. Ali’s practice covers a variety of corporate/commercial matters with an emphasis on public markets finance, mergers & acquisitions and securities law.
Ali has acted for Canadian and international companies involved in public equity and debt offerings, private placements, reverse takeover transactions, mergers and acquisitions, proxy battles and stock exchange listings. Ali regularly advises companies in securities law matters, including compliance with National Instruments 43-101 in respect of mineral project disclosure, and corporate governance. Ali has also acted for investment dealers in equity and debt offerings.
Prior to joining Cassels Brock, Ali was a partner at another national law firm.
Highlights of Ali’s work include representing:
- A TSX issuer in its $47 million series of financing transactions including a fully-backstopped, discounted rights offering
- A TSX Venture Exchange issuer in its $505 million series of financing transactions for construction of its mineral project
- A TSX issuer in its acquisition for US$462 million
- A TSX issuer in its acquisition of a royalty, stream and offtake portfolio for over $1 billion
- A TSX issuer in its earn-in option agreement
- A TSX issuer in its bought deal prospectus offering of for gross proceeds of $12 million
- A TSX issuer in an option to joint venture agreement in respect of its diamond project
- A TSX issuer in its acquisition of mining properties in Northern Nevada for approximately $150 million and in its bought deal private placement of subscription receipts for aggregate gross proceeds of $129.5 million
- A TSX Venture Exchange issuer in its private placement of units for aggregate gross proceeds of $24 million
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (Mining)
- The Lexpert/Report on Business Special Edition – Canada’s Leading Global Mining Lawyers