Alex Iliopoulos is a partner at Cassels Brock practising securities and corporate law. She is also the deputy Chair of the firm's Business Law Group.
Alex has experience representing a broad range of issuers and investment dealers on a variety of transactions, including corporate finance transactions, mergers and acquisitions and metal streaming transactions. She regularly advises companies on general corporate and securities law matters including governance and compliance.
Representative Corporate Finance Transactions
- Acting on behalf of Canaccord Genuity in connection with the $300 million initial public offering of Callidus Capital
- Acting on behalf of The University of Toronto in connection with its $200 million debenture offering
- Acting on behalf of AGT Food and Ingredients Inc. in connection with its $200 million note offering
- Acting on behalf of Greybrook Securities Inc. in connection with multiple private placements related to real estate development projects
Representative Mergers and Acquisitions
- Representing Contrans Group Inc. in its $495 million sale to TransForce Inc.
- Representing Sprott Power Corp. in its $70 million sale to Capstone Infrastructure Corporation
- Representing Sprott Power Corp. in its $33 million acquisition of Shear Wind Inc.
Representative Metal Streaming Transactions
- Representing Silver Wheaton Corp. in its additional US$800 million gold stream transaction with Vale S.A.
- Representing Silver Wheaton Corp. in its $900 million silver stream transaction with Glencore plc
- Representing Lundin Mining Corporation in its $648 million gold and silver stream transaction with Franco-Nevada Corporation
- Representing Silver Wheaton Corp. in its $900 million gold and silver stream transactions with HudBay Minerals Inc.
- Representing New Gold Inc. in its $175 million gold and silver stream with Royal Gold Inc.
- Representing Silver Wheaton Corp. in its $1.9 billion gold stream transaction with Vale S.A.
Alex has delivered a number of presentations on securities law matters and has written and published articles on metal streaming, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance. Alex has also been a guest lecturer at Osgoode Hall Law School – LL.M. Program (Securities).
In addition to her legal practice, Alex also serves as a member of the Board Governors and Chair of the Corporate Governance Committee of her children’s school.
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (Mining) (2018)
- IFLR1000 (Capital Markets, M&A)
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association