Alex Pizale practices in the area of corporate and securities law with a focus on merger and acquisition, corporate finance and other corporate commercial transactions. He represents clients in a wide variety of industries, including mining, real estate, cannabis, blockchain and cryptocurrency. He acts as counsel to clients at all stages, from private start-ups to large cap public companies and investment banks in a wide range of domestic and cross-border transactions, including business combinations, take-over bids, public offerings, private placements, streaming transactions and stock exchange listings. He also advises issuers with respect to general corporate and securities law matters, including commercial agreements, continuous disclosure, compensation plans, corporate governance and stock exchange related matters.
Select merger and acquisition transactions include:
- Representing FNX Mining Company Inc. in its $3.5 billion merger with Quadra Mining Ltd.
- Representing Lundin Mining Corporation in its acquisition of the Candelaria Mining complex for US$1.8 billion
- Representing Hecla Mining Company in its acquisition of Aurizon Mines Ltd. valued at $796 million
- Representing Lake Shore Gold Corp. in its $310 million merger with West Timmins Mining Inc.
- Representing Newmarket Gold Inc. in its $185 million plan of arrangement with Crocodile Gold Corp.
Select corporate finance transactions include:
- Representing Lundin Mining Corporation in its $674 million bought deal of subscription receipts
- Acting for a syndicate of underwriters in Quadra Mining Ltd.’s $175 million bought deal financing
- Acting for a syndicate of underwriters in Central Fund’s US$128.5 million public offering
- Acting for NexGen Energy Ltd. in its US$110 million financing package with CEF Holdings Limited
- Representing Allied Nevada Gold Corp. in its $100 million cross-border public offering
- Representing Xinergy Corp. in its private placement of US$75 million 9.75% senior secured notes
- Represent Newstrike Resources Ltd., a licensed producer of medical cannabis in Canada, with a secured convertible debenture
Select streaming transactions include:
- Representing Wheaton Precious Metals Corp. in its US$500 million acquisition of a gold and palladium stream from Sibanye Gold Limited’s Stillwater mining complex in Montana
- Representing Wheaton Precious Metals Corp. in connection with a new precious metals purchase agreement with First Majestic Silver Corp. on the San Dimas mine following the completion of the plan of arrangement whereby First Majestic acquired Primero Mining Corp.
- Representing Wheaton Precious Metals Corp. in its US$390 million acquisition of a cobalt stream from Vale S.A.’s Voisey’s Bay mine
- Representing Lundin Mining Corporation in its $648 million gold and silver stream transaction with Franco-Nevada Corporation
- Acting for Yamana Gold Inc. with respect to its metal purchase agreements with Sandstorm Gold Ltd. providing for an advance payment of $148 million
- Acting for Yamana Gold Inc. with respect to its copper purchase agreements with Altius Minerals Corporation providing for an advance payment of $60 million
Other select transactions include:
- Representing Fundscraper with investments into real estate projects
- Representing Castle Mountain Mining Company in its qualifying transaction with Telegraph Gold Inc.
- Representing a private company in its dissolution and distribution of all its assets
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association