Senior Security & Infrastructure Analyst
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP is a leading Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary-based law firm of more than 200 lawyers, focused on serving the transaction, advocacy and advisory needs of Canada’s most dynamic business sectors.
Our Toronto office is currently recruiting for a Senior Security & Infrastructure Analyst in our I.T. Department, reporting to the Manager, Technology Infrastructure. This role has firm-wide responsibility for the planning and implementation of security measures to protect computer systems, networks and data and infrastructure responsibilities may include voice & data network devices, servers, firewalls and related protocols as well as server platforms (application servers, database servers and Exchange email).
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Leads the design, specification, administration and maintenance of systems security, this includes but may not be limited to:
- Microsoft Active Directory;
- Microsoft Windows Servers;
- Document management system;
- Secure Messaging systems including Microsoft Exchange, Mobile Device Management solutions and Anti-spam filtering;
- Secure Data Centre, physical server and storage infrastructure;
- Secure and protected Telecommunications systems including VoIP;
- Secure and protected Data communication links for WAN and ISP;
- Internetworking switches and routers;
- Security solutions including firewalls, web filtering, SIEM, cloud-based solutions and monitoring systems.
- Analyzes security breaches and work with service provider to determine their root cause;
- Defines, implements and maintains corporate security policies;
- Develops security awareness training programs;
- Manages network, intrusion detection and prevention systems;
- Establishes computer and terminal physical security by developing standards, policies, and procedures; coordinating with facilities security; recommending improvements.
- Protects digital files and information systems against unauthorized access, modification or destruction;
- Recommends and install appropriate tools and countermeasures;
- Develops and maintains documentation on system infrastructure, design and procedure;
- Designs and responds to the Firm’s monitoring and alerting solutions to maintain the security of devices, applications and services;
- Leads advanced trouble-shooting of infrastructure and is available for call out and shift work 7 x 24 as requirements dictate;
- Supports the Help Desk to resolve escalated issues as required;
- Participates and contributes to operating & capital budgeting to ensure capital is available for acquisition, maintenance, licensing and refreshment of infrastructure hardware and software.
The successful candidate must have the following education, experience and/or demonstrated skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science required and/or 5 years equivalent work experience;
- A minimum of three years experience within an IT department working in a Senior IT support or engineering role;
- One year of IT security or similar relevant experience;
- One or more of the following certifications: CISSP, CCIE Security, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer: Security, CompTIA Security+ ;
- Experience in security architecture design and document creation;
- Technical working knowledge of Palo Alto Network firewalls;
- Technical working knowledge of NAC, DLP and URL filtering;
- Technical working knowledge of Cisco IOS; and,
- Excellent organizational, management, project management, and communication skills, with a detail-oriented approach.
Please respond, in confidence to:
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will be reviewed, and you will be contacted if your skills and experience are a possible match for this position.
Our Firm’s success is built on the unique skills, perspectives, experiences and values of each individual. We encourage a corporate culture that respects and celebrates the dignity, value and diversity of all.
The Firm is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and has created policies and procedures to meet the requirements under the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone enquiries, unless required for accommodation purposes.