Senior Applications Analyst
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP is a leading national law firm focused on serving the transaction, advocacy and advisory needs of Canada’s most dynamic business sectors. We have one of the largest business law practices in the country, serving multinational, national and mid-market clients from our offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary.
Our Toronto office is currently recruiting for a Senior Applications Analyst in our Information Technology Department, reporting to the Manager of Applications. This role is jointly responsible for the analysis, design, development, processes & tasks required for the creation and management of the Firm’s desktop image and integration with line of business applications. This position will support the review and evaluation of desktop technologies and make recommendations on upgrades/changes for hardware and software based on assessment of the Firm's current and future needs.
This position will possess a high level of familiarity around desktop imaging, technology roadmaps, software builds/packaging/installation/configuration, remote control/support and desktop application security. This position will assist in defining high level migration plans to move from current to future states, detect critical deficiencies and advanced solutions. This position will also act as Tier II support of desktop and line of business applications.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Provide architecture, engineering services and technical support for all Microsoft technologies in a desktop computing environment including, but not limited to Operating Systems (Windows 10), MS Office Suite (2016, 365), Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Outlook/Exchange, Internet Explorer, Chrome & Edge.
- Provide architecture, engineering services and technical support for other major software line of business application and OS components.
- Serve as 2nd tier support for triage, research, diagnostics and resolution of complex desktop computing incidents, problems and/or requests. Provide proficiency and demonstration of outstanding customer service and analytical skills while dealing with and resolving incidents, problems and/or requests.
- Translate objectives and critical success factors into actionable IT, business and/or desktop technology strategies.
- Assist in creation of both short and long term technology plans based on understanding of organizational strategic direction, technology context and business needs.
- Ensure assigned applications are running error free and optimally in partnership with external vendors and internal firm staff.
- Advise appropriate personnel on the implications of new or revised systems.
- Document all processes, procedures, technology platforms and solutions.
- Mentor, coach and train less experienced technical staff.
- Participate and contribute to the budget process. Ensure capital is available for acquisition and refreshment of desktop hardware and software.
- Support, develop and adhere to ITIL ITSM standards as adopted by the Firm.
- Assist with other IT related projects, as required.
- Investigate and resolve issues and service requests escalated by the Help Desk.
- Contribute to the departmental knowledgebase.
- Liaise with vendors regarding problem investigation and application upgrades.
Service Improvement Objectives
- Participate in user acceptance testing to ensure the delivered product meets the required functionality and performance requirements.
- Liaise with IT and user community to resolve issues and identify improvements.
- Model and cultivate behaviours that achieve business success, including collaboration, accountability, and ownership.
- Achieve service commitments, including sustainable, measurable, accurate, reliable, and timely execution of service deliverables.
- Operate to high standards and develop new ideas for improving organizational performance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as they may be assigned.
The successful candidate must / should have the following education, experience and/or demonstrated skills:
- 3 years or more experience implementing and administering enterprise applications.
- Extensive experience with and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite & Cloud offerings, SharePoint and Document Management Systems.
- Experience with remote access technology including Citrix XenApp, RSA SecurID.
- Experience with Microsoft IIS and web application development, including ASP and .NET.
- In-depth knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy.
- MDT (Microsoft Deployment Toolkit) with UDI integration & WDS (Windows Deployment Services).
- Experience with design of UE-V templates.
- Powershell (an asset) and VB Script.
- Working knowledge of SCCM.
- Windows 10 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016.
- Office 2016 / 365.
- SharePoint 2013 / 2016 / Online.
- Experience with administration of MS SQL Databases an asset.
- Experience with various legal applications an asset.
- ITIL certification or working knowledge.
- Professional, polished and tactful manner, works well with others in a collaborative style.
- High energy level with the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Detail oriented and results driven with a demonstrated quality customer service record.
- Superior critical thinking and analytical problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to prioritize and deliver effectively and efficiently.
You will also possess the following attributes:
- Technical Leadership skills and an ability to advise others to enhance their performance or assist in meeting objectives.
- A Service Delivery orientation and ability to provide service in a professional manner which fosters positive interaction within the organization and other agencies.
- Organization and Planning skills and an ability to clearly define objectives, action steps, responsibilities and timelines that is consistent with the goals of IT and the business.
- Problem Solving including ability to resolve issues through information gathering and subsequently make recommendations that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Interpersonal effectiveness and an ability to develop, maintain and appropriately utilize a network of contacts to attain organizational goals and objectives.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to act as a trusted technical advisor to both business and technical stakeholders.
Please respond, in confidence to:
Human Resources Recruiter
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
Our Firm’s success is built on the unique skills, perspectives, experiences and values of each individual. We encourage a corporate culture that respects and celebrates the dignity, value and diversity of all.
The Firm is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and has created policies and procedures to meet the requirements under the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone enquiries, unless required for accommodation purposes.