Regional Events & BD Coordinator (Contract)
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP is a leading national law firm focused on serving the transaction, advocacy and advisory needs of Canada’s most dynamic business sectors. We have one of the largest business law practices in the country, serving multinational, national and mid-market clients from our offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary.
Our Vancouver office is currently recruiting for a Regional Events and Business Development Coordinator reporting to the Director of Business Development for a 15 month contract (July 2019 to October 2020). The ideal candidate will assist in the planning and execution for local and regional client and marketing events in addition to serving as a local resource to assist with various events and initiatives for other departments (including professional resources, student recruiting and associate and lawyer professional development).
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Serve as primary point of contact for providing marketing and business development support in Vancouver.
- Research opportunities for events, sponsorships and advertising with the aim of raising the firm’s profile in Vancouver.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of relationships with local networking associations, vendors and industry professionals (e.g., Young Mining Professionals, etc.).
- Support individual lawyers in their business development and marketing efforts including client-focused education and networking opportunities.
- Plan and coordinate client events, specifically for associates relative to targeted business development, in coordination with business development team.
- Plan and supervise onsite and offsite Vancouver client events; liaise with lawyers and Marketing Department to ensure successful events.
- Oversee event details such as food and beverage, layout and set up; coordinate venues, vendors and contractors and manage associated payments.
- Supervise registration, track attendance, oversee food and drinks, manage minimum spend and payment.
- Assist with CRM (InterAction) updates and ensure the overall quality and accuracy of event invitation lists.
- Coordinate with HR or other internal functions/committees for firm-wide events such as diversity events, staff appreciation and charitable initiatives, and assist in managing the budget for these activities.
- Plan, organize and maintain budget for Vancouver summer party and holiday party; create themes, invitations, guest lists and coordinate venue, food and drink menus, vendors, transportation, place cards and agendas, in conjunction with the Vancouver Office Manager.
- Maintain appropriate levels of Vancouver branded items, track purchases and source items specific to Vancouver when required.
- Assist with firm photos; coordinate bookings and oversee the photo shoots for lawyers and paralegals in accordance with the firm’s guidelines.
- Work with the Professional Resources Group to coordinate seminars, arrange materials, capture attendance and coordinate catering; provide periodic overflow support as required.
- Research opportunities for professional development seminars and social events both internally and offsite, for lawyers and clients.
- Participate in student recruitment week to ensure its smooth execution (coordinate interviews, documentation, student contact information, etc).
- Participate in student/associate performance evaluations (eg scheduling meetings, documentation for students and associates, etc).
The successful candidate must have the following education, experience and/or demonstrated skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience in event planning/marketing.
- 2 years experience in event planning and/or marketing coordinator.
- Law firm experience strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the Vancouver marketing in relation to restaurants and hospitality venues.
- Proactive self-starter and strategic thinker who can take ownership.
- Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and prioritize numerous tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work well in a team environment and independently.
- Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and familiarity with a CRM database (eg InterAction).
Please respond, in confidence to:
Assistant Director, Human Resources
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
Fax: (416) 604-3113
Our Firm’s success is built on the unique skills, perspectives, experiences and values of each individual. We encourage a corporate culture that respects and celebrates the dignity, value and diversity of all.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone enquiries, unless required for accommodation purposes.