Office Services Clerk
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP is a leading national law firm focused on serving the transaction, advocacy and advisory needs of Canada’s most dynamic business sectors. We have one of the largest business law practices in the country, serving multinational, national and mid-market clients from our offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary.
Our Vancouver office is currently recruiting for an Office Services Clerk to perform day-to-day office service functions in accordance with firm standards while delivering optimal customer service to both internal and external clients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Inspect boardrooms daily to ensure rooms are in good repair and adequately stocked.
- Record all boardroom and Client Centre deficiencies, action accordingly and circulate to the Office Services team.
- Review the boardroom bookings in advance and plan work schedule accordingly. Identify any non-standard requests and urgent matters. (e.g. equipment needing to be rented, furniture moves outside of the norm) and notify the Office Manager.
- Set up boardrooms per the clients requirements which involve furniture configuration, audio visual set-ups, catering set-up and supplies.
- Reset meetings to their original condition and ensure the rooms are in a ready state.
- Perform daily audio visual and boardroom configurations per client requests.
- Coordinate with IT where needed for more complex audio visual set ups (e.g. video conferencing with external sources, firewall related issues).
- Act as a point person in the room at the beginning of any meeting with a special requirement or need to demonstrate how to use audio visual equipment or provide any last minute set up changes upon request.
- Restock supplies in accordance with par levels as set by firm standards.
- Liaise with other members of the Office Services team when assistance is needed for larger furniture set ups or in the event of absence.
- Open the Reception and Client Centre area daily staring at 8:30 am and continue to provide reception coverage until 9:30 am.
- Provide reception coverage for absences and as requested by the Office Manager.
Premises and Maintenance
- Maintain the cleanliness of the kitchens, load/unload dishwashers, ensure surfaces are clean, stock kitchen supplies and ensure the appliances are in good working condition.
- Restock supply areas, report low stock levels to the Office Services Coordinator and maintain the supply/copy stations in a neat and organized state.
Mail Room and Print Services
- Process incoming and outgoing couriers and mail.
- Deliver and pick-up packages or documents locally, including court service runs and bank deposits on an exception and urgent basis only or as work schedule permits.
- Support Legal Assistants with general administrative work such as scanning, copying and returning documents via interoffice when work schedule permits or when directed by Office Manager.
- Assist and back-up support to other Office Services team members as required.
- Ensure service levels standards are met and respond to all requests in a timely manner.
- Support the Office Manager and Director of Office Services with all Office Service related projects.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The successful candidate must have the following education, experience and/or demonstrated skills:
- 3-5 years experience in facility operations.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to manage multiple activities and competing priorities;
- Professional, polished and tactful manner, works well with others in a collaborative style and capable of working independently;
- Excellent interpersonal, and relationship-building skills needed to form and maintain effective working relationships with people at all levels within the firm; and
- Excellent customer services skills to understand the requirement and the need of the users utilizing oral and written communications skills as well as effective listening skills.
- First Aid and CPR Certification an asset.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suites; Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Heavy lifting up to 25 kg is required.
- Flexible schedule and some overtime required.
Please respond, in confidence to:
Assistant Director, Human Resources
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
Fax: 416 644 9373
Our Firm’s success is built on the unique skills, perspectives, experiences and values of each individual. We encourage a corporate culture that respects and celebrates the dignity, value and diversity of all.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone enquiries, unless required for accommodation purposes.