Legal Assistant - Corporate Services
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP is a leading national law firm focused on serving the transaction, advocacy and advisory needs of Canada’s most dynamic business sectors. We have one of the largest business law practices in the country, serving multinational, national and mid-market clients from our offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary.
Our Toronto office is currently seeking a legal assistant to work with the Corporate Services Law Clerks, Corporate Services Manager and Director of Paralegals and Law Clerks. The ideal candidate will be a friendly, organized and eager professional who possesses great customer service skills and a strong work ethic.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Management of general client correspondence
- Preparation of minute books (physical and electronic)
- Entry of incoming corporate records into corporate database
- Coordination of records requests (outgoing and incoming change of registered office)
- Payment of agent accounts
- Administrative database changes
- Accounting inquiries
- Internal meeting scheduling
- Submission of expenses
- Coordination of continuing legal education opportunities
- Precedent and procedure updates
- Assisting with updates relating to incoming and outgoing law clerks & paralegals
- Government agency/service provider account management
The successful candidate must have the following education, experience and/or demonstrated skills:
- Legal administrative or executive assistant certificate and/or university degree required
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a legal environment is preferred
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Previous law firm experience considered an asset
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload in a busy environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills
- Confident and dependable, with strong initiative and ability to work both independently and in a team oriented atmosphere
- Proactive, creative and always exploring ways to improve efficiencies and meet the needs of clients, maintaining professionalism at all times
Please respond, in confidence to:
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will be reviewed, and you will be contacted if your skills and experience are a possible match for this position.
Our Firm’s success is built on the unique skills, perspectives, experiences and values of each individual. We encourage a corporate culture that respects and celebrates the dignity, value and diversity of all.
The Firm is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and has created policies and procedures to meet the requirements under the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone enquiries, unless required for accommodation purposes.