LAA - Commercial Real Estate
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP is a leading national law firm focused on serving the transaction, advocacy and advisory needs of Canada’s most dynamic business sectors. We have one of the largest business law practices in the country, serving multinational, national and mid-market clients from our offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary.
Our Vancouver office is currently recruiting for a Legal Administrative Assistant in our Financial Services Department providing a variety of routine legal and administrative duties in the area of commercial real estate and business law.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Preparing legal documents from written, oral and taped instructions and precedents in a commercial real estate and business law practice.
- Taking a transaction closing from open to close using Teraview and Conveyancer.
- Drafting usual correspondence to and communicating with clients on behalf of the instructing lawyer.
- Entering dockets and preparing accounts.
- Applying proofreading and editing skills to documents and correspondence.
- Obtaining information and instructions from clients and forwarding to lawyer/clerk.
- Managing bring forward system and web based file management system and keeping lawyers apprised of matters.
- Providing support to other lawyers and staff as required and requested.
The successful candidate must have the following education, experience and/or demonstrated skills:
- College Diploma in Legal Administration.
- A minimum of 5 years previous legal assistant experience in commercial real estate.
- Proficient in MS Office 2007, Teraview and Conveyancer.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Internet applications and digital dictation software.
- Strong executive, administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, be flexible and adapt to changing situations easily.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, meet deadlines and exhibit sound judgment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as part of a team.
- Above average attention to detail and technical skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
Please respond, in confidence to:
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will be reviewed and you will be contacted if your skills and experience are a possible match for this position.
Our Firm’s success is built on the unique skills, perspectives, experiences and values of each individual. We encourage a corporate culture that respects and celebrates the dignity, value and diversity of all.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone enquiries, unless required for accommodation purposes.