LAA - Business Law
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP is a leading national law firm focused on serving the transaction, advocacy and advisory needs of Canada’s most dynamic business sectors. We have one of the largest business law practices in the country, serving multinational, national and mid-market clients from our offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary.
Our Vancouver office is currently recruiting for a Legal Administrative Assistant in our Business Law Department, providing a variety of routine legal and administrative duties to two Partners focusing primarily on securities law.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Preparing legal documents from written and oral instructions and precedents in securities law.
- Drafting routine correspondence on behalf of lawyers.
- Entering dockets and preparing accounts.
- Applying proofreading and editing skills to documents and correspondence.
- Obtaining information and instructions from clients and forwarding to lawyers.
- Assisting in management of lawyer’s practice, i.e., opening files, arranging meetings, scheduling hearing dates with government bodies and/or representatives, arranging travel and/or accommodations.
- Managing bring forward system and keeping lawyers apprised of office matters.
- Providing support to lawyers and staff as required and requested.
The successful candidate must have the following education, experience and/or demonstrated skills:
- Post secondary diploma or certificate in legal administration.
- A minimum of 3 years previous legal administrative assistant experience in corporate and securities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2007 with advanced skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiar with TSX resources, SEDAR and SEDI is an asset.
- Superior organizational skills and above-average attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with both internal and external clients.
- Able to work under pressure, be flexible and adapt to changing situations easily.
- Able to juggle multiple priorities, meet deadlines and exhibit sound judgment all with minimal supervision.
Please respond, in confidence to:
Human Resources Coordinator
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
Our Firm’s success is built on the unique skills, perspectives, experiences and values of each individual. We encourage a corporate culture that respects and celebrates the dignity, value and diversity of all.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone enquiries, unless required for accommodation purposes.