LAA - Assistant Replacement (VAN)
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP is a national law firm of more than 200 lawyers focused on serving the transaction, advocacy and advisory needs of Canada’s most dynamic business sectors. We have one of the largest business law practices in the country, serving multinational, national and mid-market clients from our offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary.
Our Vancouver office is currently recruiting for a Legal Administrative Assistant to work in our Assistant Replacement group. This role requires a candidate who will be responsible for providing a variety of legal, administrative and relief reception duties as well as provide interim coverage for Legal Administrative Assistants to ensure continuous and consistent support to the business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Preparing legal documents from written, oral or taped instructions and precedents in corporate and securities law.
- Drafting routine correspondence on behalf of lawyer.
- Entering dockets and preparing accounts.
- Applying proofreading and editing skills to documents and correspondence.
- Obtaining information and instructions from clients and forwarding to lawyer.
- Assisting in management of lawyer’s practice, i.e., opening files, filing, arranging meetings, scheduling hearing dates with government bodies and/or representatives, arranging travel and/or accommodations.
- Managing bring forward system and keeping lawyer apprised of matters in office.
- Providing support to lawyers and staff as required and requested.
- Providing relief reception duties as required.
The successful candidate must have the following education, experience and/or demonstrated skills:
- College Diploma in Legal Administration.
- Familiarity with TSX resources, SEDAR and SEDI is an asset.
- Proficient in MS Office 2007.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word (with emphasis on styles and formatting).
- Knowledge of Visio an asset.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills as well as above average attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure, be flexible and adapt to changing situations easily.
- Ability to work well with all types of personalities and levels of responsibility.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, meet deadlines and exhibit sound judgment.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team.
Please respond, in confidence to:
Human Resources Coordinator
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
Our Firm’s success is built on the unique skills, perspectives, experiences and values of each individual. We encourage a corporate culture that respects and celebrates the dignity, value and diversity of all.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone enquiries, unless required for accommodation purposes.