Human Resources Coordinator
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP is a leading national law firm focused on serving the transaction, advocacy and advisory needs of Canada’s most dynamic business sectors. We have one of the largest business law practices in the country, serving multinational, national and mid-market clients from our offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary.
Our Toronto office is currently seeking an HR Coordinator in our Human Resources Department, reporting to the HR Generalist. This role requires a candidate who has the skills and experience to provide administrative support in the areas of attendance tracking, absence management, vacation reconciliation, recruitment and other common HR processes.
This is a varied role that will cover a spectrum of HR administration, providing an exciting opportunity for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Managing and supporting the firm’s attendance tracking & absence management system, which will include reporting, coordinating coverage, and information-sharing with other departments.
- Managing, coordinating and processing vacation requests.
- Supporting the annual vacation reconciliation process and maintaining vacation records throughout the year.
- Assisting with the administration of Group Benefits enrolments and programs.
- Supporting preparation and maintenance of benefits-related information for our firm members.
- Drafting short term disability and accommodation paperwork.
- Assisting with the maintenance of benefits and other HR-related information on our firm intranet.
- Supporting recruitment efforts.
- Coordinating and processing various background checks.
- Assisting with coordination of the annual performance evaluation process.
- Assisting with coordination of various firm initiatives, events and charitable activities.
- Coordinating the firm’s Service Anniversary Awards program.
- Coordinating the firm’s Mentoring Program for new legal assistants.
- Assisting with research for various firm initiatives.
- Managing vendor discount relationships.
- Providing backup support for the HR Specialist, including on boarding, new hire paperwork, contracts and more.
- Performing various other recruitment and administrative duties, as assigned.
The successful candidate must have the following education, experience and/or demonstrated skills:
- Certification in a Human Resources program at a post-secondary institution is required.
- 2-3 years of direct experience working in an HR role, with experience in supporting recruitment activities.
- Previous experience in a law firm or other professional services environment is considered an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft with Microsoft Office 2007 suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong relationship management skills, including confidence and professionalism in dealing with firm members at all levels of the organization.
- Exceptionally strong attention to detail.
- Superior judgment and discretion, partnered with the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team yet comfortable working independently with minimal to moderate supervision on a daily basis.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Please respond, in confidence to:
Human Resources Recruiter
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
Fax: (416) 604-3113
Our Firm’s success is built on the unique skills, perspectives, experiences and values of each individual. We encourage a corporate culture that respect and celebrates the dignity, value and diversity of all.
The Firm is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and has created policies and procedures to meet the requirements under the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone enquiries, unless required for accommodation purposes.