Help Desk Specialist
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP is a leading national law firm focused on serving the transaction, advocacy and advisory needs of Canada’s most dynamic business sectors. We have one of the largest business law practices in the country, serving multinational, national and mid-market clients from our offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary.
Our Toronto office is currently recruiting for a Help Desk Specialist in our Information Technology department (IT), reporting to the Manager of Customer Service, IT. This role has firm-wide responsibility for providing support to the Firm’s lawyers and staff in their use of the Firm’s technology and applications.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
End-User and Application Support Duties
- Investigating and resolving service issues and requests reported by users via telephone, email and walk-ins
- Providing support and resolving issues with Windows, MS Office, and other legal applications
- Recording and updating tickets in the ticketing system
- Documenting and escalating more complex technical issues to other IT teams;
- Contributing to the departmental Knowledgebase
- Working with vendors to resolve issues
- Ensuring that the technical needs of the end-users are addressed in a timely manner
- Configuring and supporting the Firm’s computers and peripherals, network printers, office telephones, and smartphones
- Deploying, relocating and disposing of hardware as required
- Responsible for imaging computers using SCCM
- Coordinating hardware repairs with service partners
- Maintaining the hardware inventory
Audio Visual and Boardroom Configurations
- Coordinating, testing and setting-up meetings in advance with AV in boardrooms
- Gathering meeting requirements and Proposing the best available technology mean to successfully conduct meetings
- Overseeing on-site vendors for special set up requests as required
- Performing daily, weekly and monthly checks for all installed technologies in boardrooms to ensure reset to firm standards
- Reporting and logging of technical issues into the tickets system and own until their resolution
- Providing ideas and recommendations for better use of current equipment and space
On-Call Support Duties
- Supporting lawyers and staff during on-call hours with issues related to remote access, smartphone and other services and applications.
Service Improvement Objectives
- Participating in projects/initiatives with Toronto IT team, as assigned
- Participating in testing for various IT systems during network maintenance after hours and/or over the weekends
- Co-ordinating power down/up IT of equipment during scheduled building power shut downs
- Other duties and responsibilities as they may be assigned
The successful candidate must have the following education, experience and/or demonstrated skills:
- 3 years or more related experience supporting users and applications
- College Diploma or a degree in Computer Science
- Extensive experience with and knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Suite and Document Management Systems
- Experience with various legal applications would be an asset
- Experience with remote access technology including VPN, Citrix XenApp, RSA SecurID, Active Direct, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SCCM
- Experience with troubleshooting and resolving hardware/software and issues with mobile devices
- Ability to create technical user documentation and knowledge base
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to meet tight deadlines
- Professional, polished and tactful manner, works well with others in a collaborative style and capable of working independently
- Excellent interpersonal, and relationship-building skills needed to form and maintain effective working relationships with people at all levels within the firm
- Excellent customer services skills to understand the requirement and the need of the users utilizing oral and written communications skills as well as effective listening skills.
Please respond, in confidence to:
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will be reviewed and you will be contacted if your skills and experience are a possible match for this position.
Our Firm’s success is built on the unique skills, perspectives, experiences and values of each individual. We encourage a corporate culture that respects and celebrates the dignity, value and diversity of all.
The Firm is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and has created policies and procedures to meet the requirements under the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone enquiries, unless required for accommodation purposes.