Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP is a leading national firm focused on serving the transaction, advocacy and advisory of Canada’s most dynamic business sectors. We have one of the largest business law practices in the country, serving multinational and mid-market clients from our offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary.
Our Toronto office is currently recruiting for a Financial Analyst in our Accounting Department, reporting to the Accounting Manager. This position is responsible for the preparation of financial statements, reports and providing detailed financial analysis. This role is key to the month end and year end closing processes and supports the preparation of the annual operating budget.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Reviewing, analysing and, reporting on variances and preparing account reconciliations.
- Significant focus on client cost recoveries and the General Ledger.
- Maintaining the general ledger and preparing journal entries.
- Supporting the month and year end processes.
- Participating in the annual forecasting and budgeting processes.
- Preparing working papers and participating in financial audits.
- Other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
The successful candidate must have the following education, experience and/or demonstrated skills:
- University degree in Accounting, Bachelor of Commerce or equivalent.
- 4-5 years experience working in a similar role; experience in a law firm or professional services environment, an asset.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft EXCEL and intermediate level knowledge of the MS Office Suite of applications and Outlook.
- Experience with Elite Enterprise an asset.
- Preference will be given to applicants pursuing an accounting designation or completion.
- Able to prioritize and organize work in an effective and efficient manner, observing deadlines and time sensitivities.
- Demonstrate flexibility to accommodate work demands.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a participative member of a team.
- Able to show initiative.
- Able to identify issues, analyze, generate alternatives, implement and support a solution both their own and those of others.
- Thorough by nature, exceptional analytical skills and a keen level of attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to discuss and inform various people within the department and across the Firm with respect to issues, requests and day to day activities.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please respond in confidence by sending your resume to:
Human Resources Recruiter
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
Our Firm’s success is built on the unique skills, perspectives, experiences and values of each individual. We encourage a corporate culture that respects and celebrates the dignity, value and diversity of all.
The Firm is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and has created policies and procedures to meet the requirements under the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone enquiries, unless required for accommodation purposes.