Client Centre Supervisor
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP is a leading Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary based law firm of more than 200 lawyers, focused on serving the transaction, advocacy and advisory needs of Canada’s most dynamic business sectors.
Our Toronto office is currently recruiting for a Client Centre Supervisor in our Office Services Department reporting to the Director of Office Services. The successful candidate will be service oriented; client focused and is a known problem solver.
This position will support our continued efforts to provide the highest level of client service, with direct responsibilities for ensuring that a high level of hospitality and customer service excellence is provided in our client centre and meeting rooms at all times. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring all meeting room bookings are handled with the utmost care, managing obstacles as they arise. This role will also be focused on coordinating the services on our Client Centre floor, including our catering and AV departments.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Coordinating all activity in the client centre including but not limited to greeting of clients, catering, boardroom bookings, equipment and furniture set-up to ensure consistency of high-level service is delivered.
- Monitoring the daily meeting reservation system to ensure clients’ needs are being met.
- Identifying booking conflicts or potential booking conflicts and resolving immediately, escalating required conflicts to the Director of Office Services.
- Checking that meeting rooms are set-up correctly, with proper equipment and amenities prior to start of meeting to keep consistent with our standards.
- Supervising and coordinating room set-ups for large meetings.
- Responding to numerous phone calls and emails with new meeting requests and special add-on equipment for existing meetings.
- Coordinating with catering department for set up of buffets, meeting rooms, clean up and special catering requests.
- Liaising with the catering department and external vendors in the preparation and development of special meal menus and set menus for meetings, events and buffet keeping within budgetary requirements.
- Coordinating with the Events Coordinator for special client functions, getting final confirmation of the meeting’s time, number of participants, Audio Visual presentation materials, and room set-up.
- Ensure all rooms are set according to business volume and client requirements
- Responsible for managing all related expenses, invoice reconciliation and purchases.
- Review of meeting room utilization reports to provide input and recommendations to the Director of Office Services for optimization.
- Collaborate with Director of Office Services to develop and carry-out ideas and procedures to continuously improve department performance and Client Satisfaction.
- Providing coverage of the reception desk, catering and boardroom services when necessary.
People and Performance Management
- Supervise and train direct reports on all work activities, procedures, policies and processes to ensure deliverables are met in accordance with service levels.
- Support direct reports to resolve issues in a timely manner and escalate as necessary.
- Evaluate job performance and provide ongoing feedback to team members.
- Schedule and prioritize work assignments and projects.
- Manage and schedule time away from the office to ensure duties are fulfilled as per service levels and attendance reporting is accurate.
The successful candidate must have the following education, experience and/or demonstrated skills:
- Post-Secondary in a college or university
- 3-5 years experience managing a diverse team
- One to two years related hospitality experience
- Previous reception/front desk/concierge experience an asset
- Computer skills in Microsoft Windows 10.
- Capable of meeting service expectations proactively, promptly, graciously and professionally, with genuine care and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure, be flexible and adapt to changing situations easily.
- Smart Serve Certification and/or Food Handlers certification considered an asset.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, meet deadlines and exhibit sound judgment.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Will appeal to individuals who enjoy working with people, are detail oriented and thrive on providing outstanding customer service to clients.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team.
Please respond, in confidence to:
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will be reviewed, and you will be contacted if your skills and experience are a possible match for this position.
Our Firm’s success is built on the unique skills, perspectives, experiences and values of each individual. We encourage a corporate culture that respects and celebrates the dignity, value and diversity of all.
The Firm is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and has created policies and procedures to meet the requirements under the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone enquiries, unless required for accommodation purposes.