Billing Administrator - Contract
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP is a leading national law firm focused on serving the transaction, advocacy and advisory needs of Canada’s most dynamic business sectors. We have one of the largest business law practices in the country, serving multinational, national and mid-market clients from our offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary.
Our Toronto office is currently recruiting for a 12 month contract Billing Administrator in our Accounting Department, reporting to the Manager, Credit, Billing and Collections. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated knowledge of accounting procedures, preferably within a professional services environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- All aspects of the billing cycle, including finalizing bills and generating pro-formas.
- Submit and coordinate third party (e-bills). Administer new and existing e-billing clients, uploads LEDES/pdf invoices on e-billing hub.
- Verify appropriate signatures are on the pro-forma and invoice.
- Reviewing all accounts for accuracy and adherence to outside counsel guidelines.
- Handling setup and maintenance of client agreements.
- Identify billing tax issues and ensure that the tax rules are followed.
- Perform fee adjustments, transfers and write-downs.
- Obtain approval on set HST codes.
- Finalize/close billing batches and process bill reversals.
- Preparing ad-hoc reports.
- Preparing certain month-end reports for distribution to lawyers.
- Change currency codes on files.
- Apply billing rate changes.
- Various other duties, as assigned by the Manager, Credit, Billing and Collections.
The successful candidate must have the following education, experience and/or demonstrated skills:
- College diploma or university degree.
- 5+ years of experience in accounting / billing role required, law-firm is an asset.
- Experience with Elite Enterprise is an asset.
- Microsoft Office 2007 experience, with advanced Excel skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Above average oral and written communication skills.
- Highly collaborative and supportive of billing team members.
- Welcoming and pleasant manner
Please respond, in confidence to:
Human resources Recruiter
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
Fax: (416) 604-3113
Our Firm’s success is built on the unique skills, perspectives, experiences and values of each individual. We encourage a corporate culture that respects and celebrates the dignity, value and diversity of all.
The Firm is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and has created policies and procedures to meet the requirements under the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone enquiries, unless required for accommodation purposes.