Bilingual (French) Legal Assistant
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP is a leading national law firm focused on serving the transaction, advocacy and advisory needs of Canada’s most dynamic business sectors. We have one of the largest business law practices in the country, serving multinational, national and mid-market clients from our offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary.
Our Toronto office is currently recruiting for a Bilingual (French) Legal Assistant in our Business Law Group who will be responsible for providing a variety of legal, translation and administrative support
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Preparing legal documents from written, oral or taped instructions and precedents.
- Drafting routine correspondence on behalf of lawyer.
- Entering dockets and preparing accounts.
- Applying proofreading and editing skills to documents and correspondence.
- Liaising with clients to obtain information and instructions.
- Assisting in management of lawyer’s practice, i.e., opening files, filing, arranging meetings, scheduling hearing dates with government bodies and/or representatives, arranging travel and/or accommodations.
- Managing bring forward system and keeping lawyer apprised of matters in-office.
The successful candidate must have the following education, experience and/or demonstrated skills:
- College diploma in Legal Administration.
- A minimum of 2 to 3 years previous legal assistant experience in a similar environment.
- Fluently bilingual in French and English, both written and oral. French as a first language is an asset.
- Proficient in MS Office 365 with advanced computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, be flexible and adapt to changing situations easily.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, meet deadlines and exhibit sound judgment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team.
Please respond, in confidence to:
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will be reviewed and you will be contacted if your skills and experience are a possible match for this position.
Our Firm’s success is built on the unique skills, perspectives, experiences and values of each individual. We encourage a corporate culture that respects and celebrates the dignity, value and diversity of all.
The Firm is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and has created policies and procedures to meet the requirements under the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone enquiries, unless required for accommodation purposes.