AV & Boardroom Technician
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP is a leading national law firm focused on serving the transaction, advocacy and advisory needs of Canada’s most dynamic business sectors. We have one of the largest business law practices in the country, serving multinational, national and mid-market clients from our offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary.
Our Toronto office is currently recruiting for an AV and Boardroom Technician in our Information Technology Department, reporting to the Manager of Customer Service. This position will support AV and general technology support needs of our Client Centre and firm meeting rooms.
This role requires a candidate who can demonstrate “best in class” customer service capabilities. As a front line and client facing firm member, the ideal candidate must present well, be articulate and work independently in AV Conference room setup and trouble-shoot client technology needs that may be very different from firm standards. We strive to provide the highest level of client service to both internal and external clients, with direct responsibilities for ensuring that firm audio-visual set ups and boardroom configurations are met precisely per client requests, along with maintaining boardroom appearance and upkeep in accordance with firm standards. AV and meeting room demands are not consistent day to day thereby this position will have secondary responsibilities when not required in AV and meeting rooms duties.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
Audio Visual and Boardroom Configurations
- Perform daily audio visual and boardroom configurations per client requests.
- Consult on boardroom technology needed for temporary boardroom set ups.
- Oversee on-site vendors for special set up requests as required.
- Record and follow-up on all boardroom and Client Centre related facility requests, repairs and deficiencies with the Manager, Customer Service and/or Director of Office Services, as appropriate.
- Notify the Manager, Customer Service and/or Manager, Technical Infrastructure or CIO of any non-standard requests and urgent matters (e.g. equipment needing to be rented, setups outside of the norm).
- Liaise with the Office Services team on set up and tear down time frames to ensure boardroom space meets client requirements.
- Coordinate with IT, where needed, for more complex audio-visual set ups (e.g. video conferencing with external sources, firewall related issues).
- Review boardroom booking system for upcoming meetings requiring audio visual support or boardroom configurations.
- Log all set and work in firm ITSM ticketing system (Incident Monitor).
Audio Visual and Boardroom Maintenance
- Support and maintain in-house audio-visual equipment and non-print media assets. This includes operating, maintaining, distributing, installing, configuring, repairing and upgrading various electronic products while ensuring their optimal performance.
- Strive to ensure that the end user experience is seamless and interruptions due to technical failures are eliminated.
- Troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user training and assistance where required.
- Conduct regular checks and inspections on boardroom space to ensure compliance with firm standards and in accordance with the maintenance program schedule.
- Provide ideas and recommendations for better use of current equipment and space.
- Complete basic repairs and diagnosis of any audio-visual equipment malfunctions.
- Clean audio and video equipment and store properly.
- Create and implement a maintenance program for audio-visual equipment.
- Maintain inventory of all AV equipment.
- Liaise with other members of office services and IT teams when assistance is needed for larger set ups or in the event of an absence.
- Liaise with and maintain good working relationships with internal and external clients by phone, email or in person to understand specific set up or audio-visual needs.
- Execute client requests as required, suggesting appropriate alternative solutions where possible.
- Act as a point person in the room at the beginning of any meeting with a special requirement or need to demonstrate how to use audio visual equipment or provide any last minute set up changes upon request.
Vendor and Contractor Relations
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of AV equipment contracts and supervise contract-based installations.
- Liaise and maintain good working relations with external vendors and contractors.
- Obtain quotes and negotiate pricing for vendor and contractor services.
- Order meeting room & boardroom technology supplies to maintain inventory.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future AV equipment and corporate technology needs.
- Provide back-up support to IT, typically Help Desk, as required and when available.
- Complete general IT documentation as skill sets allow.
- Install firm desktop devices, including PC’s, laptops, printers, scanners etc.
- Review thresholds of monitoring tools in partnership with the IT Infrastructure team.
- Other duties and responsibilities as they may be assigned.
The successful candidate must / should have the following education, experience and/or demonstrated skills:
- 3-5 years experience in audio visual support and hands-on set-up experience.
- Post secondary education in Audio Visual related field or equivalent experience.
- Expert knowledge of tele/video-conferencing equipment (e.g. Cisco) and webinar solutions (e.g. WebEx, GoToMeeting, etc).
- Working experience with Crestron automated boardrooms an asset.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to manage multiple activities and competing priorities.
- To present at all times to clients, colleagues and lawyers a confident, professional and approachable manner
- Able to work well with others in a collaborative style and capable of working independently.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- Flexible schedule and occasional overtime required.
Please respond, in confidence to:
Human Resources Recruiter
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
Our Firm’s success is built on the unique skills, perspectives, experiences and values of each individual. We encourage a corporate culture that respects and celebrates the dignity, value and diversity of all.
The Firm is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and has created policies and procedures to meet the requirements under the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone enquiries, unless required for accommodation purposes.