Y. Ken Chun
Ken Chun is a partner in the firm's Business Law Group. He has extensive corporate and commercial experience in structuring, negotiating and completing a wide variety of mergers and acquisitions transactions with a particular emphasis on company acquisitions and dispositions, private equity transactions, project financings and corporate reorganizations.
Ken’s practice focuses on corporate and commercial transactions involving domestic and foreign companies, both public and private, private equity firms, entrepreneurs and other owner-operated corporations, and financial institutions. Ken often leads and co-ordinates large transaction teams involving lawyers and other professional advisors of various expertise from the early planning stages of a transaction to successful closing.
Some of Ken’s experience includes:
- Working with various insurance companies and insurance brokers in respect of mergers and acquisitions transactions, financing transactions, corporate reorganizations, strategic alliances and other corporate matters
- Working with clients in manufacturing, natural resource, retirement home, wireless, multimedia and technology and automotive industries on their domestic and international acquisitions and divestitures, restructurings and reorganizations
- Working with clients in preparing and submitting proposals in response to requests for proposals issued by governmental bodies
- Shareholders’ agreements, limited partnership agreements, partnership agreements, joint venture agreements, distribution agreements and other corporate and commercial agreements
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Ontario Bar Association