Tom Koutoulakis practises corporate and securities law, focusing on corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions. He also advises public companies and their boards of directors, as well as investment dealers, on various aspects of securities law compliance issues, including corporate governance. Tom is a published author and lecturer on issues relating to public company and securities law matters.
Tom has experience acting on behalf of clients in a variety of industries, including the technology, life sciences and finance sectors.
A few of Tom’s transactions include:
- Representing Teranet Inc. in connection with its $762 million initial public offering, establishment of a $465 million loan facility and issuance of approximately $470 million principal amount of bonds
- Representing Teranet Income Fund in connection with its $1.7 billion sale to Borealis
- Representing CIBC World Markets in thirteen MJDS prospectus offerings for Central Fund of Canada Ltd. for aggregate proceeds of approximately U.S.$1.2 billion
- Representing CIBC World Markets in connection with the $46 million initial public offering of Central GoldTrust as well as five subsequent prospectus offerings for aggregate proceeds of approximately $285 million
- Representing Turtle Island Holdings in connection with a private equity transaction and numerous subsequent corporate acquisitions
- Representing Equitable Group Inc. in connection with its initial public offering as well as two subsequent prospectus offerings for aggregate proceeds of approximately $59 million
- Representing CIBC World Markets, as lead underwriter, in connection with a $74 million prospectus offering for Harry Winston Diamond Corporation (formerly Aber Diamond Corporation)
- Representing Momentum Advanced Solutions in connection with its going-private transaction
- Representing GMP Securities L.P. in connection with a $115 million bought deal financing for Kaboose Inc.
- Representing Uranium Participation Corporation in connection with its $100 million initial public offering
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association