Stefanie Sebanc is an associate in our Business Law Group. Prior to joining Cassels Brock as an associate, Stefanie was both a summer and articling student at the firm. Stefanie represents public and private companies and has been involved in a variety of corporate and securities law matters, including public offerings, private placements, regulatory compliance and mergers and acquisitions. Throughout her time at the firm she has gained valuable corporate and finance experience on transactions involving public and private companies. Stefanie represents clients in a variety of industries, including cannabis, mining and consumer products.
Stefanie is a graduate of the J.D. program at Western University. She graduated with Distinction in the Business Law Area of Concentration and was awarded the Law Society of Upper Canada Prize for academic excellence. As a law student, Stefanie worked as a Researcher for Professor Richard H. McLaren and contributed to various corporate law publications. Prior to law school she graduated summa cum laude from the Honours Bachelor of Commerce program at McMaster University’s DeGroote School of Business.
Stefanie’s recent work includes representing:
- Goldcorp Inc. in its $247 million acquisition of Exeter Resource Corporation by way of take over bid
- Apollo Health and Beauty Care Partnership in its $390 million sale to Acasta Enterprises Inc. in connection with Acasta’s $1.2 billion qualifying acquisition, Canada’s first qualifying acquisition by a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC)
- Kirkland Lake Gold Inc. in its $1 billion business combination with Newmarket Gold Inc.
- CannaRoyalty Corp. in its going-public transaction, including a concurrent listing on the Canadian Securities Exchange and its subsequent $15 million bought deal offering
- Eight Capital and a syndicate of underwriters in Cronos Group Inc.’s $17.3 million bought-deal public offering
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Women in Capital Markets
|Publications, Newsletters and Articles