Stefanie Holland practices civil litigation with an emphasis on product liability, intellectual property, franchise law and commercial litigation. Stefanie has appeared before the Ontario Court of Appeal, Superior Court of Justice, Ontario Commercial List and Copyright Board of Canada.
Representative examples of Stefanie’s work include:
- Acting as litigation counsel for various categories of both Canadian and international product manufacturers and distributors, including notably in the auto industry, with respect to product liability claims
- Acting as litigation counsel in copyright, trademark, and entertainment law disputes in both Ontario and Federal Courts
- Representing copyright collectives in tariff enforcement proceedings before the Copyright Board of Canada, including appearing as counsel for the Canadian Musical Reproduction Rights Agency and CMRRA-SODRAC Inc. in the CSI Online Music Services Tariff proceeding before the Copyright Board of Canada
- Representing franchisors in respect of franchise related disputes and arbitration proceedings, involving claims under the Arthur Wishart Act and common law
- Acting as litigation counsel in insolvency and cross-border corporate restructuring proceedings, including appearing before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, Commercial List, as Canadian counsel for the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Nortel Networks Inc. and certain of its direct and indirect subsidiaries in the cross-border CCAA/Chapter 11 proceedings
Stefanie acts as pro bono duty counsel at Law Help Ontario. She is also an active member of the Defense Research Institute and Canadian Franchise Association and has authored numerous articles on both product liability and franchise issues, which have appeared in prominent publications.
Stefanie serves as the Chief Editor of the Cassels Brock Product Liability e-Communiqué, which follows current trends in Canadian and international product liability law, with a particular focus on issues faced by Ontario manufacturers.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- The Advocates' Society
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
|Publications, Newsletters and Articles
|PRO BONO/COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Volunteer Counsel at Law Help Ontario (operated by Pro Bono Law Ontario)