Biographie en français
Stéphane Teasdale is a partner in our Franchise Group and renowned across the country for his unique expertise in this area.
Stéphane provides legal and strategic counsel in transactional and litigation matters dealing with corporate, commercial, business law, franchising, distribution and intellectual property. He advises prominent Canadian franchise systems expanding internationally, as well as Canadian, American and foreign franchise systems wishing to establish themselves or expand in Canada, particularly in Québec. Stéphane has also advised Canadian systems having expanded internationally to markets such as Europe, Africa, Australia and China.
Stéphane is actively involved in Canadian, American and international franchise associations, and a member of the Quebec Franchise Council. He is frequently invited to lecture in Canada and abroad on franchise and distribution matters related to local, national and international markets. He is the author of numerous articles on the topic.
Prior to joining Cassels Brock, Stéphane was a partner in the Montréal office of a major international law firm. He is perfectly fluent in French and English.
- Advising a Canadian Franchisor on its International expansion in Europe, Africa, Australia and China
- Advising a Canadian Franchisor on the acquisition of another significant Canadian-based franchisor having domestic and International operations
- Advising a Canadian-based franchisor in its multi-million dollar acquisition of several restaurants and properties from an existing franchisee
- Advising a large international European luxury brand group on its expansion into Canada and the US
- Advising several US-based fashion brands on the development and establishment of stores, distribution systems and e-commerce platforms in Canada
- Advising a French-based international cosmetics brand on its expansion in Canada and the US
- Advising a Canadian-based fitness system on its expansion in Canada and abroad
- Advising a large national Canadian-based ‘quick service restaurant’ system on its international expansion in Europe, Australia, the Middle East and North Africa
- Advising a major international US-based franchisor in a multi-million dollar lawsuit by a group of Québec-based franchisees
- Chambers Canada 2016–2017 (Franchise Law)
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2008–2017 (Franchise Law)
- Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Corporate Lawyers in Canada 2017 (Franchising)
- Franchise Times’ Legal Eagle 2008–2016
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2006–2018 (Franchise Law)
- Who’s Who Legal 2016 (Franchise Law)
- Who’s Who Legal: Canada 2008-2016 (Franchise Law)
- Martindale-Hubbell: Distinguished BV Peer Review Rating
- Lifetime Achievement Award, Québec Franchise Counsel (2015)
- Inducted in the Québec Franchise Counsel Hall of Fame (2017)
- Member, Québec Bar
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association Forum on Franchising
|Publications, Newsletters and Articles