Sean is a partner in the Securities Group at Cassels Brock. Sean’s experience includes acting as lead counsel for companies and investment dealers in a range of industries including technology, biotechnology, energy, healthcare, diversified, agriculture, aquaculture and mining.
Sean helps clients navigate complex structuring issues and provides strategic and legal advice in respect of financings, going-public transactions, M&A and corporate governance. His corporate clients range in size and stage from nascent entrepreneurs through to seasoned public companies. Sean has particular experience in advising public companies in connection with securities law compliance and corporate governance matters, including ongoing advice to boards of directors and special committees as well as extensive transactional experience in all areas of corporate and securities law. Sean’s unique entrepreneurial experiences prior to joining Cassels Brock enable him to approach client advice in a commercially practical manner.
Some of Sean’s recent representative transactions include:
- Counsel to the agents in Baylin Technologies' public offering
- Counsel to the underwriters in connection with Theratechnologies' $16.5 million bought deal offering
- Counsel for the underwriters in connection with the five financings by Grenville Strategic Royalty Corp. since its inception for proceeds of over $50 million
- Counsel to CGX Energy Inc. in its $37 million private placement
- Counsel to the underwriters in Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp.’s $220 million debenture offering
- Counsel for the underwriters in connection with the $70 million financing by Nobilis Health Corp.
- Counsel for BSM Technologies Inc. in connection with its two most recent financings for proceeds of over $30 million
- Counsel for VersaPay Corporation in connection the four financings since its inception for proceeds of over $17 million
- Counsel to the underwriters in connection with BTB Real Estate Investment Trust’s nine most recent financings for proceeds of over $200 million
- Acted as independent legal advisors to the Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Woulfe Mining Corp. in its acquisition by Almonty Industries Inc.
- Counsel to KRIM Biopharma Inc. in the completion of its $225 million financing
- Counsel to Oil Associates, S.A. in US Oil Sands Inc.’s $81 million strategic financing
- Counsel to Silver Wheaton in its $1.9 billion arrangement agreement with Vale S.A.
- Counsel to QMX Gold Corporation in its US$17.5 million financing
- Counsel to True North Apartment Real Estate Investment Trust in its $57.5 million subscription receipt offering
- Counsel to the agents in Ridgemont Iron Ore Corp.’s $9.1 million financing
- Counsel to the underwriters in Columbus Gold Corporation’s $5.5 million financing
- Counsel to the agents in Armistice Resources Corp.’s $14 million financing
- Counsel to the agents in Huldra Silver Inc.’s $9.3 million financing
- Counsel to the agents in Pinetree Capital Ltd.’s $75 million convertible debenture financing
- Counsel to AzTech Minerals, Inc. in its $18 million business combination with Excelsior Mining Corp.
- Counsel to Angus Mining (Namibia) Ltd. in its business combination with Golconda Capital Corp.
- Counsel to Edleun, Inc. in its $40.7 million financing and business combination with San Anton Capital Inc.
- Counsel to Union Agriculture Group Corp. in all of its financings since inception for total proceeds of over US$400 million
- Counsel to JG Capital Corp. in its business combination with VersaPay Corporation
- Counsel to Silver Wheaton Corp. in its US$287.5 million financing
- Counsel to the underwriters in Martinrea International Inc.’s $55,775,000 financing
- Counsel to Silver Wheaton Corp. in its $190 million acquisition of Silverstone Resources Corp.
- Counsel to Dynamite Resources Ltd. in its $11 million acquisition by Avion Resources Corp.
- Counsel to the underwriters in Quadra Mining Ltd.’s $86 million financing
- Counsel to Silver Wheaton Corp. in its $120 million early call of warrants
- Counsel to New Gold Inc. in its $1.6 billion business combination with Peak Gold Ltd. and Metallica Resources Inc.
- Counsel to Thompson Creek Metals Company Inc. in its $215 million bought deal financing
- Counsel to the underwriters in Quadra Mining Ltd.’s $175 million bought deal financing
- Counsel to Goldcorp Inc. in a $1.566 billion secondary offering of Silver Wheaton shares
- Counsel to Peak Gold Ltd. in its $110 million financing
- Counsel to Glencairn Gold Corporation in its $26 million financing
- Counsel to Dynamite Resources Ltd. in a $45 million financing
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Ontario Bar Association