Pollyanna Lord is a partner in the Securities Group. Her practice focuses on corporate finance, securities, and mergers and acquisitions. She has worked on a wide variety of transactions, including take-over bids, acquisitions and divestitures, private equity financings, public offerings and complex reorganizations. Pollyanna also provides ongoing securities compliance and corporate governance advice to a number of companies.
Her experience includes:
- A public offering of subscription receipts by a Canadian mining company and its acquisition of a Chilean mine
- A sale by a UK mining company of an Australian mine
- A scheme of arrangement involving a UK mining company and Canadian mining company
- A public offering of convertible debentures for a leading minerals explorer in Turkey
- A public offering of common shares for a biopharmaceutical company
- A public offering of units for a real estate investment trust
- A sale of a manufacturing company by a private equity fund
- A private equity investment fund’s acquisition of a sportswear company
- A private equity fund manager’s acquisition of a leading cosmetics company
- A Canadian-based open-end investment trust’s initial public offering of bundled units
Prior to joining Cassels Brock, Pollyanna was an associate in the securities group at another major law firm.
In addition to her law degree, Pollyanna holds both a bachelors degree and a masters degree in English literature.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association