Peter Sullivan is a partner in the firm’s Financial Services Group. His practice focuses primarily on financing transactions, acting for both lenders and borrowers involved in domestic and cross-border financing transactions and corporate reorganizations.
Peter also has considerable experience in negotiating and documenting syndicated loans, project financings, acquisition financings, asset-based financings, securitizations and subordinated debt arrangements.
- Halsbury’s Laws of Canada, First Edition – Banking and Finance (LexisNexis Canada)
- Canada – U.S. Commercial Law Guide – Banking Relations (Thomson Carswell)
- Canada – U.S. Commercial Law Guide – Equipment Financing (Thomson Carswell)
Peter is a member of the Canadian Bar Association, the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Nova Scotia Barristers' Society and the American Bar Association. He is also a published author, having contributed to the Banking & Finance chapters of Halsbury's Laws of Canada and co-authored the Banking Relationships and Equipment Financing chapters of the Thomson Carswell Canada – U.S. Commercial Law Guide. Peter holds a Bachelor of Arts from St. Thomas University and obtained his LL.B. from Dalhousie University, where he was elected the “President for Life” of his 2004 law school graduating class. He was a part-time faculty member at the Schulich School of Law at Dalhousie University (2007–2015) and was a Legal Board Member and Chair of the Dalhousie Legal Aid Board of Trustees (2009–2011). Peter was also a member of the board of directors for the 2015 Pride and Remembrance Run and is currently the secretary of the board of directors of Pride at Work Canada.
- The Best Lawyers in Canada (Banking & Finance)
- Canadian Bar Association
- Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
- Ontario Bar Association
|Publications, Newsletters and Articles
|PRO BONO/COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Team Diabetes Canada, Canadian Diabetes Association – Rome Marathon Participant (2011), Rio de Janeiro Marathon Participant (2012)
- Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research - Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon Participant (2015)
- Co-founder of the annual “Legal Who?” Masquerade and Silent Auction (founded in 2004) in support of Legal Aid
- Member of the board of directors for the Pride and Remembrance Run (2015) and currently the secretary of the board of directors of Pride at Work Canada
- Involved in various other community activities and organizations and is an active participant in numerous athletic activities