Mark T. Bennett
Mark Bennett* practises in the area of corporate and securities law with an emphasis on corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions transactions.
Mark has extensive experience representing Canadian and international mining companies involved in business combinations, take-over bids, domestic and cross-border public offerings, private placements, metal streaming and royalty transactions, and stock exchange listings. His corporate finance experience includes equity, convertible instruments and debt. He has advised exploration, development and producing resource companies in the Americas, Eastern Europe, Africa and Australia on property acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures and option agreements.
Mark’s practice includes acting for investment dealers in public and private corporate finance transactions as well as mergers and acquisitions. He also has experience advising boards of directors and special committees on corporate governance and securities law compliance, including mineral project disclosure.
*denotes Professional Corporation
- Chambers Global 2009-2013 [Corporate/M&A, Energy & Natural Resources: Mining (Canada), Projects: Mining: Leading Canadian Firms (Latin America-wide)]
- Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada 2010-2013 (Mining)
- Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Corporate Lawyers in Canada 2009-2012 (Mining)
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2006-2013 (Natural Resources Law)
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2005-2012 (Corporate Finance & Securities; Corporate Mid-Market; Mining)
- Lexpert’s Rising Stars: Leading Lawyers Under 40 (2008)
- Martindale-Hubbell, BV Distinguished™ rating
- Who's Who Legal: Canada 2010-2012 (Mining)
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
|Conferences, Speaking Engagements, Events