Lindsay Clements is a partner in the Securities Group. Her practice focuses on corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions. Lindsay also advises public companies on Canadian securities regulation and corporate governance matters on an ongoing basis.
Lindsay has extensive experience with complex securities and financing transactions, particularly those within the mining and REIT sectors.
Notable transactions that Lindsay has been involved with include:
- Acting on behalf of Berkshire Hathaway in its $3 billion preferred share financing in connection with the merger of Tim Hortons Inc. and Burger King Worldwide Inc. by plan of arrangement
- Acting on behalf of High River Gold Mines Ltd. in the $300 million acquisition of its minority interest by Nord Gold N.V. by take-over bid and plan of arrangement
- Acting on behalf of Primaris REIT in its transaction with H&R REIT and KingSett Capital by plan of arrangement
- Acting on behalf of INV Metals Inc. in its acquisition of the Quimsacocha Project in Ecuador from IAMGOLD Corporation
- Acting on behalf of Starlight Investments Ltd. in its $2.3 billion acquisition of TransGlobe Apartment REIT
- Acting on behalf of Crocodile Gold Corp. in its $65 million acquisition of Northgate Australian Ventures Corporation from AuRico Gold Inc. and related prepaid swap facility with Credit Suisse
- Acting on behalf of Crocodile Gold Corp. in completion of a take-over bid by Luxor Capital to become a 70% shareholder
- IFLR1000 (Notable Practitioner)
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association