Lawrence D. Wilder
Lawrence (Lawrie) Wilder* is a corporate-securities lawyer who, for 26 years, has focused on representing growing entrepreneurial companies and assisting them in achieving their growth objectives. He handles all aspects of the corporate development curve, from private equity to initial public offerings to mergers and acquisitions. In 2007, Lawrie was named by Lexpert as one of the top 50 mid-market corporate lawyers in Canada. Lawrie has played a key legal role in the early stage development and financing of such Canadian success stories as Research in Motion (now Blackberry), MDC Partners, Chapters, FirstService Corporation and Genuity Capital Markets, working with the founding entrepreneurs and their advisors and assisting them in setting the stage for explosive growth and success.
Lawrie's experience includes:
- Acting for Starlight Investments Ltd. in its $2.3 billion acquisition of TransGlobe Apartment Real Estate Investment Trust
- Acting for Nightingale Informatix Corporation, a leading healthcare information technology provider, in their acquisition of both HealtheNet Inc. and Integrated Healthware Inc., and in a $7 million financing.
- Representing the underwriters in a $54 million bought deal financing and two private placements totalling $183 million of Martinrea International Inc., a producer of metal parts, assemblies and modules and fluid management systems.
- Acting for Whiterock REIT in a $33 million private placement, $40 million bought deal financing and a $23 million revolving debt facility to fund Whiterock's future acquisitions.
- Representing the agent, Canaccord Adams, in two private placements for Holloway Lodging REIT totalling $85 million and in a $150 million public offering.
- Representing Certicom Corp. in its $26 million bought deal financing.
- Acting for InterRent International Properties Inc. in its conversion, by way of plan of arrangement, into a real estate investment trust resulting in the creation of InterRent REIT and representing the REIT in a $50 million public offering of trust units.
- Acting for the agents in Huntingdon REIT's $42 million public offering.
- Representing Ojon Corporation, a Canadian based privately held hair and skin care company, in its acquisition by The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
- Acting for the agents in Foraco International SA's $34 million IPO.
- Representing Gibralt Capital in its acquisition of Skyservice Airline Inc's charter airline business.
- Acting for Equitable Group Inc., a leading niche mortgage lender, in its $34 million bought deal and private placement financing.
- Representing Chalk Media Corp. in its acquisition by Research in Motion Limited, a leader in wireless communications.
- Acting for CW Media Inc., a subsidiary of Canwest Global Communications Corp., in the sale of Canwest's holdings in Score Media Inc.
- Representing Equitable Group Inc. in its $50 million preferred share offering.
Lawrie is Chairman of the Board and President of the Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre in Toronto and is a member of the Board of Governors of The Mount Sinai Hospital in Toronto. Lawrie has participated in the faculty programs at both of Toronto’s business schools, the Schulich School of Business (York University) and the Rotman School of Business (University of Toronto) where he has spoken on corporate governance and corporate finance matters.
*denotes Professional Corporation
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2012 (Corporate Mid-Market)
- Ranked as a leading lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell
- The 2007 Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada (Top 40 Repeatedly Recommended Canadian Corporate Mid-Market Lawyers)
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
|Conferences, Speaking Engagements, Events