Keith Templeton practices corporate and commercial law with a particular focus on oil and gas, midstream and related service industries. Keith acts for several energy, midstream and service firms, both public and private, including large multi-nationals, in both domestic and international transactions. He has extensive experience in transactions related to the energy, midstream and related service industries, including the acquisition, disposition and operation of energy and midstream service assets as well as joint venture and corporate finance matters.
- Acted for Maha Energy AB in its 2017 purchase of the Brazilian business unit of Gran Tierra Energy Inc. through the purchase of all the shares of Gran Tierra Finance (Luxembourg) SARL and Gran Tierra Brazco (Luxembourg) SARL
- Acted for Tamarack Valley Energy Ltd. in 2016 in the purchases of oil and gas assets from Bonavista Energy Corporation, Suncor Energy Inc., Penn West Petroleum, Husky Energy Ltd. and Farmout agreement with Taqa Inc.
- Acted for private pension fund oil and gas companies in the 2013 $316,000,000 purchase of an interest in the Weyburn unit from Pengrowth Energy Corporation and related Competition Act filings
- Acted for private pension fund oil and gas companies in the 2010 $130,000,000 purchase of the Simonette field and related facilities from Suncor Energy Corporation and related Competition Act filings
- Acted for the vendors in the 2010 Sale of the Simonette Gas Plant to Keyera Corp. and the negotiation and execution of related Processing Agreements
- Acted for and served on the Board of GW Power Corporation, a wind power company from inception, negotiation of joint venture with Nexen Corp., construction and development of the Soderglen Wind Power facility and subsequent sale of GW to Canadian Hydro Developers
- Acted for EnCana Oil & Gas Partnership in the negotiation and execution of numerous joint ventures, farmouts and participation agreements with third parties for the joint development of EnCana’s petroleum and natural gas rights
- Acted for Enercap Corporation in the purchase of numerous midstream facilities from producers and the subsequent sale, leaseback and processing arrangements
- Acted for Tarpon Energy Services Ltd. on all matters from inception in 2004, subsequent expansion to over 2000 employees with over 40 branches worldwide and subsequent sale by way by way of plan of arrangement to PTW Energy Services in 2014
- Acted for the Management of Zedi Inc., an oil and gas technology company, in its going private transaction by way of Plan of Arrangement in 2014
- Acted for and sat on board of directors of Spitfire Energy Ltd. from inception, exploration and development phase through to the reverse takeover of Spitfire Energy Ltd. by Whitecap Resources Inc.
- Acted for Corinthian Energy Corp. on all matters, including its financing by Natural Gas Partners and Annapolis Capital, exploration and development phase through to the subsequent sale to Zapata Energy Corporation
- Acted for Corinthian Exploration Corp. on all matters, including its financing with ARC Financial and Annapolis Capital, its exploration and development phase through to its subsequent sale to Surge Energy Corp.
- Acted for Kainaiwa Energy Inc. (the Blood First Nation) in its joint venture arrangements with North America Resource Partners
- Acted for Mosbacher Operating Ltd. in its negotiation and execution of Project and Financing agreements with ExxonMobil, Shell Canada, Imperial Oil and Pengrowth Energy for the development and operation of the Sable Offshore Energy Project
- Acted for Pienza Petroleum Inc. from inception, its exploration and development phase through to its sale to Tourmaline Oil Corp.
- Acted for Antrim Energy Corp. with respect to its Australian operations and UK Offshore oil and gas development, joint venture matters and dispositions
- Acts as external general counsel for CEDA International Corporation, an oil and gas service company, on all legal matters
Keith has served on the boards of both public and private entities as well as being the corporate secretary for several corporations and is a member of the bars of Alberta, Saskatchewan and the Northwest Territories.