Jonathan Sherman is an associate in the Business Law Group, working primarily in our Securities Group. Jonathan’s practice focuses on corporate law, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, public offerings, private placements and internal reorganizations. He represents public companies, private companies and investment dealers in domestic and cross-border transactions and advises issuers with respect to general corporate and securities law matters. Jonathan also has experience working with clients on the incorporation and organization of their companies, drafting share and asset purchase agreements and a variety of other corporate and commercial documents. Jonathan represents clients in a variety of industries, including natural resources (mining and oil & gas), technology, gaming, cannabis and real estate.
Jonathan’s significant representative work includes advising:
- Kirkland Lake Gold Inc. in its $1 billion business combination with Newmarket Gold Inc.
- The Intertain Group Limited in connection with its UK strategic initiatives, including its plan of arrangement to effect a redomiciliation to the United Kingdom, list on the London Stock Exchange and the associated exchangeable share transaction structure
- Oando Energy Resources Inc. in its going-private transaction
- Goldcorp Inc. in its $526 million acquisition of Probe Mines Limited
- GMP Securities L.P. and a syndicate of agents in Superior Gold Inc.’s initial public offering (IPO)
- Lundin Mining Corporation in its $674 million bought-deal prospectus financing of subscription receipts
- Canaccord Genuity Corp. and a syndicate of underwriters in NYX Gaming Group Limited’s qualifying prospectus in connection with its $150 million bought-deal private placement financing
- GMP Securities L.P. and a syndicate of underwriters in Lundin Gold Inc.’s $95 million bought-deal public offering
- GMP Securities L.P. and a syndicate of agents in America Silver Corporation’s $31.5 million concurrent private placement financings
- Anaconda Mining Inc. in its plan of arrangement with Orex Exploration Inc.
- True North Commercial Real Estate Investment Trust in its $29 million bought-deal public offering
- INV Metals Inc. in its $27.6 million bought-deal public offering
- Dundee Securities Ltd. and a syndicate of agents in Oban Mining Corporation’s $12.5 million private placement financing
- VersaPay Corporation in its bought-deal public offering
Prior to joining Cassels Brock as an associate, Jonathan was both a summer and articling student at the firm. Jonathan is a graduate of the J.D. program at Osgoode Hall Law School and he earned a Bachelor of Commerce with a major in Accounting from McGill University.
- Ontario Bar Association (OBA)
|Publications, Newsletters and Articles
|Conferences, Speaking Engagements, Events