Jennifer Wasylyk is an associate in the Financial Services Group. Her practice focuses on corporate finance matters, representing both borrowers and lenders in a variety of secured and unsecured lending transactions. In addition, Jennifer’s experience includes general corporate and reorganization matters.
Jennifer also has extensive energy and regulatory experience. She has worked at the Ontario Energy Board, National Energy Board and Alberta Energy and Utilities Board. In addition, Jennifer has worked at an isooctane production facility in Alberta.
Some of the transactions in which Jennifer has been involved include:
- Acting for New Gold Inc. on their senior secured credit facility and in connection with the issuance of senior notes
- Acting for Silver Wheaton Corp. with respect to certain silver streaming projects, including to HudBay Minerals Inc.’s 777 Mine and Constancia Project
- Acting for Silver Wheaton Corp. with respect to a US$1 billion revolving credit facility and a US$1.5 billion bridge credit facility in connection with certain gold purchase agreements
- Acting for Luna Gold Corp. in connection with its senior secured credit facility
- Acting for Allied Nevada Gold Corp. on their credit facility and in connection with the issuance of senior notes
- Acting for Yamana Gold Inc. on their credit facility and in connection with the issuance of senior notes
- Acting for a multi-national equipment finance company, as borrower, in a US$300 million syndicated credit facility
- Acting for a major US bank and various institutional investors in connection with the purchase of senior secured notes from a railway company
- Acting for an equipment financing company in its financing of an anaerobic digestion green energy facility
- Representing a financing company in connection with the sale and leaseback of equipment to a large mining corporation
- Acting for a renewable energy company in connection with the purchase of a wind turbine company
- Representing a manufacturing company in obtaining credit facilities from a major bank
- Acting for a freight transportation company in connection with its purchase of an industrial, commercial and residential waste collection business
Jennifer is a published author who recently co-wrote the Banking and Finance chapters of Halsbury's Laws of Canada. Jennifer is also a sessional professor at Queen's University Law School where she teaches a course on the Personal Property Security Act.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
|Publications, Newsletters and Articles