Jennifer Wasylyk is an associate in the Financial Services Group. She represents borrowers and lenders in a variety of domestic and multi-jurisdictional corporate finance matters, including secured and unsecured lending transactions, project finance, asset-based lending and syndicated loans. In addition, Jennifer’s experience includes general corporate and reorganization matters.
Jennifer has extensive energy and regulatory experience and regularly works with both lenders and resource companies in the mining sector. She has worked at the Ontario Energy Board, National Energy Board and Alberta Energy Regulator. Jennifer also previously worked as an engineer at an isooctane production facility in Alberta.
Some of the transactions in which Jennifer has been involved include:
- Acting for Tahoe Resources Inc. with respect to a US$150 million revolving credit facility
- Acting for Silver Wheaton Corp. with respect to certain silver streaming projects, including HudBay Minerals Inc.’s 777 Mine and Constancia Project
- Acting for Yamana Gold Inc. in connection with gold, silver and copper streaming agreements with Sandstorm Gold Ltd.
- Acting for Silver Wheaton Corp. with respect to a US$1 billion revolving credit facility and a US$1.5 billion bridge credit facility in connection with certain gold purchase agreements
- Acting for Yamana Gold Inc. on their credit facility and in connection with the issuance of senior notes
- Acting for Lundin Mining in its senior secured credit facility
- Acting for the Government of Canada, in connection with a $5 billion global bond financing for the construction and development of the Muskrat Falls Hydroelectric Generating Facility and Labrador-Island Link to be built on the Lower Churchill River in Labrador
- Acting for the Government of Canada, in connection with a $1.3 billion bond financing for the construction and development of the Maritime Link Project, a high voltage direct current transmission line to be built between Nova Scotia and Newfoundland and Labrador
- Acting for various rail finance companies and lessors in connection with several rail finance and security transactions
- Acting for a major US bank and various institutional investors in connection with the purchase of senior secured notes from a railway company
- Acting for a freight transportation company in connection with its purchase of an industrial, commercial and residential waste collection business
- Acting for Luna Gold Corp. in connection with its senior secured credit facility
- Acting for New Gold Inc. on their senior secured credit facility and in connection with the issuance of senior notes
- Acting for Ottawa Senators Hockey Club with respect to the financing of the NHL Team and Canadian Tire Centre (formerly Scotiabank Place)
- Acting for a multi-national equipment finance company, as borrower, in a US$300 million syndicated credit facility
- Acting for an equipment financing company in its financing of an anaerobic digestion green energy facility
- Representing a financing company in connection with the sale and leaseback of equipment to a large mining corporation
- Acting for a renewable energy company in connection with the purchase of a wind turbine company
Jennifer is the vice chair of the executive committee of the Ontario Bar Association’s Natural Resources and Energy Law Section and was previously a sessional professor at Queen's University Law School where she taught courses on commercial law and the Personal Property Security Act.
- American Bar Association - Member, Commercial Finance Committee and Co-Editor, Commercial Law Newsletter
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association - Vice Chair, Executive Committee, Natural Resources and Energy Law Section
|Publications, Newsletters and Articles