Jennifer Poirier has experience acting for issuers and dealers in connection with public offerings, private placements and mergers and acquisitions. In addition, Jennifer advises private and public companies with respect to general corporate and securities laws issues, including corporate governance and continuous disclosure obligations.
Jennifer also has experience coordinating and completing due diligence in a variety of industries and drafting and advising on a range of agreements, such as option agreements, memorandums of understanding, consulting agreements and partnership agreements.
Jennifer’s experience includes representing:
- CIBC World Markets Inc. as agent for FortisBC Inc. in its public offering of $200 million principal amount medium term note debentures
- Renaissance Oil Corp. in its acquisition (by reverse takeover) of San Antonio Ventures Inc.
- NIBE Industrier AB (publ) in its $378 million acquisition of WaterFurnace Renewable Energy, Inc.
- National Bank Financial Inc. as underwriter for Panoro Minerals Ltd. in its $5.7 million bought deal offering
- NexGen Energy Ltd. in its $11.5 million bought deal prospectus offering
- Renewable Energy Developers Inc. in the $70 million acquisition by Capstone Infrastructure Corporation
- A public renewable energy company in connection with a $575 million merger
Prior to joining Cassels Brock, Jennifer was an associate in the Securities and Capital Markets Group at another major Canadian law firm.
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Canadian Bar Association (Young Lawyers, Securities and Women Lawyers Sections)