Jen Hansen is a partner in the Securities Group working out of both the Toronto and Vancouver offices. Jen represents both issuers and investment dealers in various transactions, including public offerings, private placements and mergers and acquisitions. Jen also has experience advising issuers with respect to general corporate and securities law matters. In particular, Jen advises on continuous disclosure obligations and regulatory compliance, including mineral project disclosure and recommendations for improving disclosure and adopting policies to align with best practice recommendations.
Jen’s mergers and acquisitions experience includes representing:
- Goldcorp Inc. in its $247 million acquisition of Exeter Resource Corporation, $520 million acquisition of Kaminak Gold Corporation, $526 million acquisition of Probe Mines Limited and $2.6 billion hostile take-over bid for Osisko Mining Corporation
- Thompson Creek Metals Company Inc. in the $1.1 billion acquisition by Centerra Gold Inc.
- Tahoe Resources Inc. in its $1.3 billion acquisition of Rio Alto Mining Ltd.
- NGEx Resources Inc. in the spin-out of its Filo del Sol property to Filo Mining Corp.
- R2 Energy Ltd. in its reverse take-over transaction with San Antonio Ventures Inc. and concurrent financing, creating Renaissance Oil Corp.
- Sandstorm Gold Ltd. in its US$170 million acquisition of Mariana Resources Limited and $28.3 million acquisition of Premier Royalty Inc.
- New Gold Inc. in its $310 million acquisition of Rainy River Resources Ltd. by way of a take-over bid
- Renewable Energy Developers Inc. in the $70 million acquisition by Capstone Infrastructure Corporation
- The independent committee of the Board of Directors of Quadra FNX Mining Ltd., in connection with the $3.5 billion acquisition of Quadra FNX Mining Ltd. by KGHM Polska Miedz S.A.
- Grayd Resource Corporation in the $274 million acquisition by Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited by way of a take-over bid
Jen’s corporate finance experience includes representing:
- Silver Wheaton Corp. in its $800 million and $550 million bought deal financings
- Goldcorp Inc. in its $1.5 billion and $1 billion offerings of senior unsecured notes
- Goldcorp Inc. in its $224 million and $44 million bought deal secondary offerings of common shares of Primero Mining Corp. and $1 billion bought deal secondary offering of common shares of Tahoe Resources Inc.
- Sandstorm Gold Ltd. in its $150 million, $57.5 million and $28.75 million bought deal financings
- Sandspring Resources Ltd. in its $25 million bought deal financing
- Cargojet Inc. in its public offering of $28 million principal amount of convertible unsecured subordinate debentures
- EcoSynthetix Inc. in its $100 million initial public offering
- Crocodile Gold Corp. in its $85 million bought deal financing
- Belo Sun Mining Corp. in its $51.8 million bought deal financing
- Forbes & Manhattan Coal Corp. in its $36.4 million bought deal financing
- Black Iron Inc. in its $35 million initial public offering
- Canaco Resources Inc. in its $120 million treasury bought deal financing and $43 million secondary bought deal financing
- Canada Lithium Corp. in its $126.5 million bought deal financing
- Sandstorm Metals & Energy Ltd. in its $100 million equity financing of special warrants
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
|Publications, Newsletters and Articles