Hilary Fender is an associate practising in the Financial Services Group. Her practice focuses on corporate and commercial law, representing both lenders and borrowers involved in domestic and cross-border lending transactions and corporate reorganizations.
Hilary’s recent representations include:
- Acting for Victoria Gold Corp. in connection with its US$75 million senior secured project finance facility, US$100 million secured subordinated debt facility, and US$50 million equipment financing facility for the development of the Eagle Gold Project in the Yukon, Canada and related $98 million royalty arrangements
- Acting for Trevali Mining Corporation in connection with its acquisition of Rosh Pinah and Perkoa Mines in Namibia and Burkina Faso, respectively, partially funded by its US$190 million senior secured credit facility
- GSO Capital Partners LP, a subsidiary of The Blackstone Group, in connection with a US$124 million unitranche term loan facility with Dominion Colour Corporation to finance, in part, the successful acquisition of LANSCO Colors LLC (formerly Landers-Segal Color Co., Incorporated)
- Guyana Goldfields Inc. in a US$185 million project finance facility to fund the Aurora Gold Project in Guyana
- Ad Hoc Committee of Bondholders of Trident Exploration Corp. in connection with its CBCA recapitalization
- Connacher Oil and Gas Limited in connection with its CCAA proceedings
- Canadian counsel for the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Nortel Networks Inc. and certain of its direct and indirect subsidiaries in cross-border CCAA/Chapter 11 proceedings
- Tenor Capital Management as DIP lender to Crystallex International Corporation in its CCAA/Chapter 15
Hilary received her J.D. from Osgoode Hall Law School in 2014 where she was a recipient of the Legal and Literary Society Award for contribution to student life. In addition, she worked as a research assistant to Associate Dean Trevor Farrow and Professor Allan Hutchinson, was a member of the Wilson Moot Team and choreographed and produced Osgoode Hall’s Mock Trial, an annual musical sketch comedy show. In the fall of 2013, she spent a term studying abroad at the University of Copenhagen where she studied EU competition and intellectual property law.
Prior to studying law, Hilary graduated on the Dean’s List from Queen’s University with a Bachelor of Physical Health and Education and a Bachelor of Sciences, majoring in Life Sciences.
- Ontario Bar Association (OBA)
|Publications, Newsletters and Articles