Jane Murdoch* is a partner in the firm’s Mining Group and Securities Group, advising clients in the areas of business law and securities law. Her experience includes working on public and private securities offerings and mergers and acquisitions, and advising on continuous disclosure and other regulatory requirements applicable to public companies, as well as joint venture, property option and earn-in agreements, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, shareholder agreements, asset and share purchase and sale transactions, debt transactions and general commercial contracts. Jane’s clients are predominantly in the mining industry, with projects in Africa, Latin America, Australia and Canada, and she works extensively with mining companies that are dual-listed on the TSX or TSX Venture Exchange and the Australian Securities Exchange. She also advises technology companies on pre-IPO and IPO matters.
Examples of Jane’s recent transactions include:
- Acting for Denison Mines Corp. in its acquisition of a 13.9% interest in International Enexco Ltd. and subsequent$15 million acquisition of International Enexco Ltd. by way of plan of arrangement, its $10 million acquisition of JNR Resources Inc. by way of plan of arrangement and its acquisition of a $70 million portfolio of uranium exploration projects from Fission Energy Corp. and spin out of certain other assets to a new company, by way of plan of arrangement
- Acting for Paladin Energy Ltd in its $31.2 million private placement and subsequent TSX listing, numerous subsequent capital raisings on a private placement basis for an aggregate of approximately $662 million, five private placements of convertible bonds ranging from US$100 million to US$325 million and three global tender offers for outstanding convertible bonds and its $261 million acquisition of Aurora Energy Resources Inc.
- Acting for Sarama Resources Ltd in its pre-IPO $8 million fundraising, its $16.7 million initial public offering and listing on the TSX Venture Exchange and subsequent fundraisings aggregating approximately $19 million
- Acting for Troy Resources Limited in its $22 million purchase of the Casposo property in Argentina from Intrepid Mines Limited and in its A$100 million revolving corporate facility
- Acting for Lachlan Star Limited in its TSX listing and subsequent A$15 million initial public offering in Canada, subsequent capital raisings of an aggregate of approximately $26 million, its $10 million debt facility secured over its gold mine in Chile and conversion of the debt facility to a gold loan
- Acting for Anvil Mining Limited in its C$149.5 million initial public offering in Canada, in subsequent financings raising an aggregate of approximately $235 million, in the US$100 million private placement and US$100 million loan facility with Trafigura Beheer B.V. and in its subsequent C$1.3 billion friendly acquisition by Minmetals Resources Limited
- Acting for Moto Goldmines Limited on numerous capital raisings totally approximately $108 million, its $34.8 million acquisition of a 10% interest in the Moto Gold Project form Orgaman sprl, and on the takeover of Moto by plan of arrangement between Moto and Red Back Mining Inc., subsequent competing offer from Randgold Resources Limited, termination of agreement with Red Back and completion of the plan of arrangement with Randgold
- Advising a Chinese multinational shipping company on its Canadian holdings and its listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
*denotes Law Corporation
- Martindale-Hubbell, BV Peer Review rated
- Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada (Member)
|PRO BONO/COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Ronald McDonald House (Vancouver), Past Director and Secretary